Glenn C Sr. Member Joined Nov 16, 2011 Messages 422 Reaction score 226 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jun 4, 2013 #1 I believe this is a shale adze. I may be wrong. My girlfriend unknowingly put it in a plant and it cracked. Looking for an opinion on it. Thanks for any help Attachments ForumRunner_20130604_133145.webp 75.6 KB · Views: 127 ForumRunner_20130604_133220.webp 86.2 KB · Views: 118 ForumRunner_20130604_133252.webp 94.7 KB · Views: 124 ForumRunner_20130604_133329.webp 100.5 KB · Views: 119 Upvote 0
I believe this is a shale adze. I may be wrong. My girlfriend unknowingly put it in a plant and it cracked. Looking for an opinion on it. Thanks for any help
Sheperdess Hero Member Joined Jan 20, 2013 Messages 730 Reaction score 1,224 Golden Thread 0 Location South Dakota Detector(s) used Teknetics Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 4, 2013 #2 I vote "no".
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Jun 4, 2013 #3 I'd need a better picture of the bit, head on, to get a better idea.
Glenn C Sr. Member Joined Nov 16, 2011 Messages 422 Reaction score 226 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jun 4, 2013 Thread Owner #4 A couple more pics Attachments ForumRunner_20130604_141956.webp 101.3 KB · Views: 128 ForumRunner_20130604_142139.webp 44.1 KB · Views: 131
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 4, 2013 #5 The fact that it broke that easily should give you a hint it is not the right material for an Adz. Way to soft and wouldn't have worked without breaking. It's just a natural stone and not an artifact.
The fact that it broke that easily should give you a hint it is not the right material for an Adz. Way to soft and wouldn't have worked without breaking. It's just a natural stone and not an artifact.
Glenn C Sr. Member Joined Nov 16, 2011 Messages 422 Reaction score 226 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jun 4, 2013 Thread Owner #6 Thank you for your input.