What's new

*** SHARE IT ?????

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ACTUALLY WE ARE BEING BRAIN WASHED INTO SOCIALISM!
Good free enterprise is being washed away.I will give you an example.
In my younger days I had a scanner and use to chase police and fire calls I would arrive usually before the news crews and shoot a couple of rolles of 35mm as the event unfolded. I got to know the news crews and sold them my film rolls on the spot. They would bring $50 to $100 depending on the event and my lead time. If two events were happening at the same time I would always hit the second dispatch while the crews were busy at the first.
Now here's the point. Pictures were worth money. You sold them to the media. Now a days they ask you to share them. They save a lot of money getting free pictures and the dumb photographers get nothing. it's like creaping socialism. We are being re-educated and the younger generation doesn't even see it. There private lives are being donated to social networks. They want to be reconized so badly, wait till they want some privacy. It will be to late!

Slow Go-1_edited-1.webp
 
I didn't know that about the pics (thanks for the knowledge), but I do agree with you how very slowly, tiny bit, by tiny bit, our freedoms are being taken away and if it is something tangible, taken away and given to someone else......

Scary-my own kid knows more about her stupid phone than American History or politics and when you try to talk to her about, she gets all weird, like, "Oh stop, you're just paranoid." Yeah ok......
 
At least there are 21 million of us vet's and even more on the right that will know what to do when the storm hits. Ask a kid today what Row vs. Wade is and I'll bet some educated one's will answer That's the option Washington had at the Potomac.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that about the pics (thanks for the knowledge), but I do agree with you how very slowly, tiny bit, by tiny bit, our freedoms are being taken away and if it is something tangible, taken away and given to someone else......

Scary-my own kid knows more about her stupid phone than American History or politics and when you try to talk to her about, she gets all weird, like, "Oh stop, you're just paranoid." Yeah ok......

Oh stop. You're just paranoid. We have been a socialist country since FDR started creating government give away and support systems. Your daughter needs a phone? Either you or the wife probably purchased it. Kids have so much to occupy their time now and school is not # 1. Teacher quality has gone down the tubes. In Texas if you have a degree, you can teach. No expertise in your subject is needed. Their is no student teaching semester. You are thrown into a classroom and you try to do your best. Things that made the class interesting, exciting or enjoyable is gone. The kids are bored to death. They aren't stupid. They know a really poor educator when they are forced to have one and they refuse to even try to learn anything. Why should they learn U.S. History? Our teachers knew the little stories that added to the overall picture. It may be a war story, treasure story or human interest story that they learned from research. New teachers just open the book and read it out. I'd text too ...
 
At least there are 21 million of us vet's and even more on the right that will know what to do when the storm hits. Ask a kid today what Row vs. Wade is and I'll bet some educated one's will answer That's the option Washington had at the Potomac.

Got news for you. The storm already hit. It came through the back door very quietly and just took over. Lose any of your vet benefits in the past few years? See a big change in not only the way our kids are educated, but how they turn out? Any changes in the lifestyles and music that has taken over? See anybody in this society trying to pull themselves up by their boot straps? Need to learn a new language to read a label in the grocery? Buy an american auto and then find out the parts were made abroad? Watch your Olympic athletes win medals and then stand on the podium dressed in a grey number that was Made in China by Chairman Mao and looks like crap? Should I continue?
 
Austin-actually my daughter bought and paid for her own phone from the time she was 16 ("you want one, you pay for it" she is now 24 and married) and I don't have a wife, though I did have a husband (I divorced him years ago)........that's cool though, honest mistake.

I am way conservative and agree that our education system (country?) is a mess.
 
Here's another example of free enterprise being swept away by "sharing".
I use to shoot weddings. I had a package I presented. It contained a leather covered white wedding alblum with a silver bell embossed on the front. Inside was 100+ pictures of the wedding and resception. They also got another set of images to give to the family and wedding party plus I gave them the negatives. I used 2 nikons + a small candid camera. My fee was in the mid range at $700. It was a hard job dealing with Aunt Minnie or the best friend that new nothing about photography.

Now a days the wedding pictures you see are low quality shots done by Uncle Fred or just friends with their low quality phones. Another free enterprise washed away in the spirit of sharing. You now have a form of low quality socialism in it's place.


 

Attachments

  • skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.webp
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 124
I agree it seems some are trying to push us towards socialism , but I wouldn't consider someone having their friends or relatives shoot their wedding to be a form of socialism. You get what you pay for and some don't care a lot about their wedding pictures so low quality amateur photos are all they care about. With 1out of ever 2 marriages ending in divorce half the weddings wedding pictures mean very little 7 years later.
 
You have a point there TH. Marriage coins_0009 2euro_edited-1.webpuse to be the main point in life, You know, family first. Now with the admin pushing the socialist manta, The middle class is vanishing. It's elite rullers and a massive working class in which, in theory, all are equal. Well at 75, I don't have to worry about it, but my poor kids!! That's my 2 euros worth
 
Last edited:
Yep, I'm on my last marriage, this works or thats it..... On the good side though, current marriage is solid as a rock...... I learned my lesson.....
 
When my wife passed away , I raised the 5 kids by myself. Kind of made us closer. I guess I had married the one I was meant for, could never find another match to light.

skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.webp
 
Austin-actually my daughter bought and paid for her own phone from the time she was 16 ("you want one, you pay for it" she is now 24 and married) and I don't have a wife, though I did have a husband (I divorced him years ago)........that's cool though, honest mistake.

I am way conservative and agree that our education system (country?) is a mess.


My sister, former Hollywood producer, now Montana rancher always said I was a sexist pig. Funny thing, I knew you were a woman, but I didn't even look at the name. Sorry.
 
My sister, former Hollywood producer, now Montana rancher always said I was a sexist pig. Funny thing, I knew you were a woman, but I didn't even look at the name. Sorry.

That's cool-I don't mind sexist pigs as long as they are upfront and honest about it and give me respect if and when I deserve it. I am no women's libber! : )
 
Last edited:
Catobra, I have always had a problem with that Rogers Quote. I know what he meant { I would rather be honest and broke than deceiteful and rich}, but others could take it as { I would rather be dumb and broke than be smart and rich} FrankChube-blk-500.webp
 
I understand what you're saying here, Frankn, but I think the real threat the US is all the social welfare programs. People are getting paid to do nothing and many of them are able to work. There's a program out there for everything...no job, here's money, no food, here's money, no husband, here's money. Many of the folks that collect are able bodied and just know how to work the system. Illegals make it that much worse for the rest of us. Granted, there are people out there who do need the help (I am on disability and have been since 1988), but the ones that get me are the ones who can't work because of "nerves". Yes, I know, there are legitimate mental disorders and God bless the folks that suffer from them. The folks I'm talking about know the "buzz" words and play the system to get free money. Our government is pushing that ALL of us become 100% dependent on government services. They're pushing us to live in the cities, they want to control the food supply, healthcare (Obamacare), etc....the writing IS on the wall....

Okay, I've said enough and will be magnificently flamed for my opinions I'm sure....
 
Catobra, I have always had a problem with that Rogers Quote. I know what he meant { I would rather be honest and broke than deceiteful and rich}, but others could take it as { I would rather be dumb and broke than be smart and rich} FrankView attachment 662721

I understand what you mean, but to me that's kinda the jist of the quote and why I like it so much.....I know what it means and I really don't care who takes it the wrong way cause they're the people who probably sold me the bridge : )
 
I understand what you're saying here, Frankn, but I think the real threat the US is all the social welfare programs. People are getting paid to do nothing and many of them are able to work. There's a program out there for everything...no job, here's money, no food, here's money, no husband, here's money. Many of the folks that collect are able bodied and just know how to work the system. Illegals make it that much worse for the rest of us. Granted, there are people out there who do need the help (I am on disability and have been since 1988), but the ones that get me are the ones who can't work because of "nerves". Yes, I know, there are legitimate mental disorders and God bless the folks that suffer from them. The folks I'm talking about know the "buzz" words and play the system to get free money. Our government is pushing that ALL of us become 100% dependent on government services. They're pushing us to live in the cities, they want to control the food supply, healthcare (Obamacare), etc....the writing IS on the wall....

Okay, I've said enough and will be magnificently flamed for my opinions I'm sure....

Nah, don't think you'll be punished too badly for your comments here as I think that the majority of this site is conservative (or we both just stepped in it big time : )
 
AC1955, Wellfare is the seed of socialism and the problem is the people that want a free ride don't realise that when everyone is finally forced to take the free ride, there will be no one left to pay for it.

Catobra, my favorite quote was by James Dean in one of his movies,"Drean as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Or maybe Decartes quote, "I think therefor I am". They both have real meaning to me.

cube700.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom