What's new

She Glows! - Style ID thoughts welcomed?

americanartifacts33

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2013
Messages
227
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good weekend found some nice points! anyone have any idea on the ID??
 

Attachments

  • 2019.05.18 - in situ.webp
    2019.05.18 - in situ.webp
    165.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 2019.05.18 - Nice Point.webp
    2019.05.18 - Nice Point.webp
    445.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2019.05.18 - Nice Point 2.webp
    2019.05.18 - Nice Point 2.webp
    320.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 2019.05.19 - In Situ 2.webp
    2019.05.19 - In Situ 2.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 2019.05.19 - Smoker 2.webp
    2019.05.19 - Smoker 2.webp
    461.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2019.05.19 - she glows.webp
    2019.05.19 - she glows.webp
    225.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Still learning the IDs, but those are really nice finds. What type of material is that second one? Btw, thanks for the in situ pics!
 
Still learning the IDs, but those are really nice finds. What type of material is that second one? Btw, thanks for the in situ pics!

Thank you! I don't know the exact chert/flint, but I see a lot of that material in that creek. I have 7 different points made from that material and I found them miles apart in that creek. Its a very neat brownish flint; love it!
 
You found some nice artifacts. WTG.
 
Nice! From what I've learned about MO, it seems like all you have to do is walk out the door and look on the ground (or in the ground, or on river/creek pebble bars). Envious!
 
Nice! From what I've learned about MO, it seems like all you have to do is walk out the door and look on the ground (or in the ground, or on river/creek pebble bars). Envious!

Ha ha not true for my area. I probably average about 4 hours of walking per point.. I think south central MO is more productive than my area but still requires a lot of persistence and craziness to find them. It is NOT easy my friend
 
Ha ha not true for my area. I probably average about 4 hours of walking per point.. I think south central MO is more productive than my area but still requires a lot of persistence and craziness to find them. It is NOT easy my friend

As you can tell I am pretty exhausted when I found these. Probably doesn't help I am still recovering from a torn Achilles and am using crutches when traversing through the creeks.. Yea I may be a little crazy when it comes to arrowheads ha ha


 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom