OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7F92EF11-BC86-4E33-9B47-7DEB7E956294.jpeg
..and my heart. 🤣🤣 Yes, my best friend is this cat. My Rose.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
I was surprised my grumpy old hen didn’t peck her to death. 🤣🤣 Sleep well!
Hi. We once lived in a farm house, rented it, and we had chickens. I still cannot remember how we came to get a Rooster! It may have been when we got some chicks and one turned out a rooster. He was crazy and would attack us when we would get the eggs. But he was a good protector of the hens. There were snakes, Brown snakes, where we lived and when we heard him go nuts we knew he was doing his job 👍😀
Mad thing he was though 😆
Cheers and take care there. 👍

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cute as can be...:cat:

I had a best friend for 16 years, and had to say goodbye a few months
back...still miss him, every day. Give 'em a great life, and they'll give you one right back.

loved by cat.jpg

OP
OP
OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi. We once lived in a farm house, rented it, and we had chickens. I still cannot remember how we came to get a Rooster! It may have been when we got some chicks and one turned out a rooster. He was crazy and would attack us when we would get the eggs. But he was a good protector of the hens. There were snakes, Brown snakes, where we lived and when we heard him go nuts we knew he was doing his job 👍😀
Mad thing he was though 😆
Cheers and take care there.
Cute as can be...:cat:

I had a best friend for 16 years, and had to say goodbye a few months
back...still miss him, every day. Give 'em a great life, and they'll give you one right back.

View attachment 2017432

I’m sorry for your loss 😔 I have found myself looking at Rose thinking how it’s going to break my heart when I don’t have her around anymore. I lost my 13 year old cat and my dog both in 2019. I still miss them. I love my furry monsters like they’re one of my kids. However, my little Rose, is my missing piece. I love her so much.

OP
OP
OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m sorry for your loss 😔 I have found myself looking at Rose thinking how it’s going to break my heart when I don’t have her around anymore. I lost my 13 year old cat and my dog both in 2019. I still miss them. I love my furry monsters like they’re one of my kids. However, my little Rose, is my missing piece. I love her so much.
That was for Dizzy Digger 👆🏻❤️❤️

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
@OhioMetalMaven
Yeah. Animals can be more than just animals can't they. We had a Staffy that we got when we were in Queensland for a couple of years. Id be fishing on the rocks, or on the beach and see others with a Staffy. I said to the misses, thats it, we are getting one of those, they are awesome. Guys fish, the dog just sits and watches. See them when we walk on the beach, how good are they. I got a pup. For crying out loud, our turned out to be the polar opposite of every Staffy I saw 😆
He was nuts on steroids! Walk on the beach! He would run out of sight chasing seagulls and crashing into the waves after them. We'd be walking and holding an empty lead, a person would say "did you lose your dog, I saw him way up there chasing seagulls!?" We'd be "🤔 black with a white star on his chest?" Them "yeah think so" Us "😒 yeah he'll come back!" 😆
We called him Taz after the cartoon character Taz the Tasmanian Devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoons. Crazy little rocket he was. But loved people.
He got old and sick 2 yrs ago, was 15 so a good age, had to say goodbye.
Always knew when my misses wasn't well and would stick to her like glue.
Hey, when I was a kid, about 9 yrs old I drove my mum mad to get me a little chick, chicken from a market. Id feed it every day and talk to it.
You know, my mother used to say "that chicken knows when your coming home from school, it comes and waits at the back door every week day for you to come home at 3.30. Funny huh! But it only did it on school days, Monday to Friday. Not weekends, non school days. Clever chicken or what!?
Pets, they get to know you don't they.
I saw the most stupid news story ever last year. Scientists did a study here, given a huge grant to do so and came to the conclusion that dogs form a bond with their owners and know their emotions! 🤔
That must have taken a lot to figure that out huh! Money well spent OZ Govt 😆
Cheers👍

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
@OhioMetalMaven
Yeah. Animals can be more than just animals can't they. We had a Staffy that we got when we were in Queensland for a couple of years. Id be fishing on the rocks, or on the beach and see others with a Staffy. I said to the misses, thats it, we are getting one of those, they are awesome. Guys fish, the dog just sits and watches. See them when we walk on the beach, how good are they. I got a pup. For crying out loud, our turned out to be the polar opposite of every Staffy I saw 😆
He was nuts on steroids! Walk on the beach! He would run out of sight chasing seagulls and crashing into the waves after them. We'd be walking and holding an empty lead, a person would say "did you lose your dog, I saw him way up there chasing seagulls!?" We'd be "🤔 black with a white star on his chest?" Them "yeah think so" Us "😒 yeah he'll come back!" 😆
We called him Taz after the cartoon character Taz the Tasmanian Devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoons. Crazy little rocket he was. But loved people.
He got old and sick 2 yrs ago, was 15 so a good age, had to say goodbye.
Always knew when my misses wasn't well and would stick to her like glue.
Hey, when I was a kid, about 9 yrs old I drove my mum mad to get me a little chick, chicken from a market. Id feed it every day and talk to it.
You know, my mother used to say "that chicken knows when your coming home from school, it comes and waits at the back door every week day for you to come home at 3.30. Funny huh! But it only did it on school days, Monday to Friday. Not weekends, non school days. Clever chicken or what!?
Pets, they get to know you don't they.
I saw the most stupid news story ever last year. Scientists did a study here, given a huge grant to do so and came to the conclusion that dogs form a bond with their owners and know their emotions! 🤔
That must have taken a lot to figure that out huh! Money well spent OZ Govt 😆
Cheers👍
A Jack Russel name cooper after the mini cooper.

Pat's doberman named sparky a senior one day waited our return before passing.

One summer day we were sitting outside when an old blind dog named Trixie a neighbors dog showed up to pay her last respects. Before heading back home to drown in a creek behind her home property the next day.

Pat told me that Trixie used to be a regular visitor when she was younger and had her eyesight.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For myself the pets there right up there on the upper rungs of life.
Matter of fact I know very well where I am, and I'm good with that.
Cat
Cat
Dog
Pips (the little hen)
Me

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two cats at my house - Willow, 12, adopted from a shelter as a one year old semi feral. Lola, 9, formerly my mothers cat that came to live with me eight months ago after my mother passed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread