What's new

"She" was a "He", and it didnt say Liberty

Michellets

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
273
Reaction score
51
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
"She" was a "He", and it didn't say Liberty

I have been searching for that early coinage for a while now, and have had plenty of luck finding all kinds of copper coinage, but the early silver has eluded me. I still had hope though, and spent the late afternoon in the bush and heat. I finally had a good signal on the Ace and dug a wide plug......the result was this 1791 Bolivian 4 reale :o . When I came home I tried in vain to get a basic value on it, history, or find other examples of it but couldn't find anything like it. I believe it is Bolivian. Anyone have any info on it? BTW, it is also my oldest silver to date and I am a happy dirt fisher.... :wink: HH M.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01665.webp
    DSC01665.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 5,171
  • DSC01664.webp
    DSC01664.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 5,217
Upvote 0
Re: "She" was a "He", and it didn't say Liberty

Excellent detail.....Love it!. Hogge :thumbsup:
 
Re: "She" was a "He", and it didn't say Liberty

Excellent recovery Michelle! It's always exciting to see someone find a great piece of history like your 4-reale......
Cograts on the banner....Keep it up...

Keep safe...

Keith
 
Re: "She" was a "He", and it didn't say Liberty

Happy Dance, BANNER :thumbsup:
 
Re: "She" was a "He", and it didn't say Liberty

Thank-You everyone for all of your comments :thumbsup: I appreciate the help and the tips that everyone has given at this web sight! I have only been back to this sight once since I found the four reale, and have added two nice King George II coppers, two more Conn Coppers, and several more draped bust large cents with One dating to 1798! I'm going to have to wait for the brush to die down :( Total coins found add up to twenty copper coins and one silver. I have found well over thirty flat buttons, and many other relics. I'll do an update in the fall. This week I'll be doing a road trip/detecting trip and am really looking forward to it... HH M :icon_queen:
 
Re: "She" was a "He", and it didn't say Liberty

wow thats a cool coin and congrats on it's discovery :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll find one too someday :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom