Short hunt after work ~ 1943 Walking Liberty Half!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

The weather has been very rainy here the last few days. I wasn't planning on going detecting at all today, but my daughter called me to come pick her up from her friend's house downtown. By the time I drove down there the rain had stopped ~ so I decided to pull over a few blocks away from where my daughter was and I took out the detector to do a little hunting! I only got to detect for about 20 minutes before the rain started up again . . . . . . . I ended up with 8 memorial cents, 1 clad dime, 1 clad quarter, and a 1943 Walking Liberty Half dollar! The modern clad coins were all just shallow targets, but the Walker was about 6 or 7 inches deep! I'm going to go back to that area as soon as the rainy weather stops and see what else is there!

I took pic's of the Walker before and after I cleaned it up. This is my silver coin #41 for the year!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• March29-2010walkerDIRTY.jpg
    March29-2010walkerDIRTY.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 629
  • March29-2010walkerCLEANobv.jpg
    March29-2010walkerCLEANobv.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 625
  • March29-2010walkerCLEANrev.jpg
    March29-2010walkerCLEANrev.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 619
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
A great little specimen right there. Nice one for sure. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Captn_SE said:
RONC(OR) said:
I new you would get out today :laughing7 Man it was raining all day :duckie: pretty heavy at times congrats nice find :headbang:

Addicted hunters needing their silver fix will hunt in any conditions to find just that one silver!! :laughing9:

Nice Walker, Neil. Seems like anywhere you hunt these days, you're making great finds. :icon_thumright:

Congrats,
CAPTN SE

Dan

THANKS Dan!

Yeah, you know you're addicted when you notice a 20 minute window of 'no rain' and you jump on it to go do some detecting! I LOVE DIGGING SILVER COINS!

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil,
That "Walker" rocks! :icon_thumleft: It is beautiful. Congratulations!
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread