What's new

Short hunt - guess the mystery coin

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out for awhile today before the rain. My detector gave me a good headache hunting the trash in front of the Sharp park pavilion. I scored a couple wheats, a sterling forget-me-not, a few clad, and a silver coin....I had an idea what it was but not the date. It's 103 years old. Good luck! ffd
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0219 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0219 [320x200].webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 207
Looks like a canadian dime? Thats my guess anywho. Congrats on the silver.
 
Jim C. said:
Looks like a canadian dime? Thats my guess anywho. Congrats on the silver.
That'd be my guess too. :thumbsup: Nice find.
 
I see the top of a crown.Theres a key date out there.....1913??maybe
 
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I saw the crown at the top too, thinking King George the 5th?

Good luck,
HH.
 
Sweet! Don't keep us in suspense too long! Good huntin'
 
Canadian silver would be my guess as well. :icon_scratch: Congrats D!
 
you do seem to find a lot of Canadian silver over there,.... ;D
 
Ok, here it is
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0224 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0224 [320x200].webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0225 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0225 [320x200].webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0221 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0221 [320x200].webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 166
OK let's see the whole thing! :headbang:
 
nice old silver D!!!!.....great idea for a post!
 
Nice! I like the old foreign coins. :thumbsup:

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom