What's new

shot sword

dugit

Full Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this short sword look old to you? I found it at a pawn shop.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1074.webp
    DSCN1074.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,126
Hard to tell from the photo...appears to be some sort of sword...Thought at first maybe a bayonet but the handle looks to thin. Maybe a pic with something next to it to show the size.
 
Yeah, it looks Roman because of the pommel... but I could be wrong.
It has the definite possibility of being a repro, especially if it's fashioned after an ancient weapon.

Bran <><
 
I am no authority but would like to see some closeups.

It looks very simular to one I bought in the Philippines many years ago, even the scabbard. The one I bought was made from an old car leaf spring.
 
Looks like a Dirk of some sort, but close-ups would definitely help.
 
The blade is 16'' long and the over all length is 22''+-
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1098.webp
    DSCN1098.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,063
It would be nice to have a clearer photo of this area:
 

Attachments

  • pommel.webp
    pommel.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,054
I hope this helps.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1097.webp
    DSCN1097.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,053
Tried to make it a little bigger.
 

Attachments

  • knifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (Large).webp
    knifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (Large).webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,017
It is a kindjal. Ottoman or Caucasian, I don't know but it is a traditional Russian fighting knife/sword found anywhere from the Caucuasus to Persia.
 
I think you maybe right. Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom