What's new

Show us you coin display or cabinet!!

Nutriasub

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
932
Reaction score
148
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
I have been surfing the web to find a way of displaying and storing my best coins and relics, have seen some home made cabinets and very expensive antique cabinets.
I would love to see everyone's ideas on this matter, thank- you all for the help!
I don't know if this is the right forum...
 
Seeing as i am not a collector and sell my finds as fast as i find them...... Here is my display's.. You asked for it............ 5266069584_5cfcf20709_z.webpcoin_lid_display_medium.webp
 
Yah Im interested in this as well
 

Attachments

  • image-1414028641.webp
    image-1414028641.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 234
  • image-2940788545.webp
    image-2940788545.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 317
reply

Here's how I store/display my collections: Blue-print cabinets. They're getting cheap to find "used" (craigslist, ebay, etc....), because nowadays contractors and architects are doing all their blueprints on computers, floppy disks, etc.... So it's fairly easy to find these cabinets on the used market. They're perfect shallow-dish drawers for most of the type stuff us md'rs find.

Here's a few examples of them I gleaned from google images:
 

Attachments

  • 472.webp
    472.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,240
  • blue-print-flat file-cabinet-features.webp
    blue-print-flat file-cabinet-features.webp
    5 KB · Views: 932
Thanks for the input!
The flat file cabinet are a little long, don't you think? It would take up a lot of space.
I like the printers drawers, a little price though.
Thanks a lot, this is what's about, everybody will learn!
 

Attachments

  • image-1009616609.webp
    image-1009616609.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 901
  • image-370945517.webp
    image-370945517.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,271
My wife gave me a glass top coffee table a few years ago for my birthday. She had it custom built for our living room. The felt lined compartment is about 3-4 inches deep which allows me to display coins and most relics. The maker rounded the corners since we have three small children and made it the proper length to match our sofas and chairs. I absolutely love it since I can rotate my collection through it and they are not in closed drawers. I see my finds everytime I pass through the room. It is also a great conversation piece when we have people over.

If I can find the name of the maker I will share it.

Good luck with your search.
NJ
 
Thanks for the input.
Cheers
 
I have found this drawer system, I think it's good size for the coin, about 2 inches deep inside the drawers. And also it's somewhat cheap 75€ (80$).
I have the trays to put inside.
What do you guys think?
 

Attachments

  • image-223935275.webp
    image-223935275.webp
    15 KB · Views: 198
My wife let me buy a standing jewelry box, it's big and has compartments. Works great, I'll try to find a pic. It was like 250.00 but well worth it.
 
I'm using Lindner boxes for coins and bigger findings. They are very practical and can also be stacked up.

muenzboxen2.webp muenzboxen4.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom