What's new

Show us your safe!

Just discovered that if walls constructed of gypsum, "drywall", are attached to hollow metal studs, (usually used for commercial purposes), the metal studs alone will show to a metal detector. Coins taped to a single metal stud read same as a void metal stud. Interesting...
Peace ✌

What if the place burns down......
 
At him, Jake. Kill, Kil!

HPIM1791.webp
Actually, he's a Kerry Blue. Second largest terrier - a taller & fuzzier Pit Bull. Impressive chompers.

DSCN1058.webp
 
Does he like to sniff porcupine butts? :laughing7:
 
Does he like to sniff porcupine butts? :laughing7:

One of my old dogs would have (deceased now). Dumb ass dog. Every dog I owned out here has been bitten ONCE by a copperhead or rattlesnake. But not "Little Man"... bitten 3 times! Then approached the business end of a LARGE snapping turtle and yep.... got a face full of snapping turtle. Turtle held on for about 30 seconds and the dog went berserk after it spit him back out. But he then went to the other end. Guess he wasn't that stupid....
 
Camouflage is way better than the best home type safe money can buy. Ever hear the term "hiding in plain sight" ? Now first a disclaimer... This is nothing more than what it appears to be, a crusty old non working Dr Pepper machine. And any guns I might have had were lost in an unfortunate boating accident and are at the bottom of the lake.. Buttt.. Imagine taking an old ugly vintage soda machine and gutting it out and turning it into a gun safe. Even better would be to have a cheap actual gun safe sitting in an easy to find spot as a "decoy" and have it rigged to blast loud noises and smoke when someone tries to pry open the door. All while completely ignoring the rusty old soda machine.. Crooks go for the quick grab that's going to get them the most money. An old 10 cent soda machine, even one that's working, offers them little return for the amount of effort it takes to break into one. And with the type like I have the coin box is in the outer compartment so even if they get that open & steal the change they aren't going to bother with the lock to the inner compartment unless they are extremely thirsty.. You don't need to spend a fortune on a safe. You just need to be smarter than the crooks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0770.webp
    IMG_0770.webp
    182.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I have multiple guns and no safe, guns are loaded and hidden through out my home. I also have no kids at home....

I've read multiple times on calguns about guys that think the same way and now their guns are being used for nefarious purposes because they were taken when they weren't home. They usually go there to post serials in hopes someone might see their gun again but the majority of time they don't. Unless your home 24/7 having them in a safe is much better than laying around the house... Not to say that I don't keep a few around loaded the majority of my firearms are locked up. Those go with me or in the safe when I'm not home.

All it takes is a guest talking to a friend about seeing one or someone on the street seeing you going to the range and suddenly your house is a target. Of course a safe isn't gonna stop all of them but I've seen them stop a lot of smash and grabs.

There was one guy that had the corner of his safe cut with his own Sawsall >< and they took all his guns. And there was another guy that didn't bolt his down so they just carried it out.
 
It's irresponsible to own firearms and not have a safe. .
Wow is that statement not true …. You have been brainwashed by our government …. Like TH said and others i have firearms hid in my home … but no children around … I do not have any type of safe and i do not need one ………. You call us with no safe irresponsible .Not good.. SO i will call you PARANOID..
 
Last edited:
Wow is that statement not true …. You have been brainwashed by our government …. Like TH said and others i have firearms hid in my home … but no children around … I do not have any type of safe and i do not need one ………. You call us with no safe irresponsible .Not good.. SO i will call you PARANOID..

Your welcome to your opinion but like I said in a previous post I see people posting about their guns getting stolen all the time. Having them stolen is something I am paranoid about. One because I don't like leaving $3000 rifles laying around unlocked for anyone to take, two because I would feel like crap knowing they are most likely going to be used in a crime and possibly used to hurt or kill someone else, third I do have children and friends that have children and god forbid one of them get ahold of one and hurt them-self or someone else, I don't like spending time in jail and that's where I'd end up if that happened. A safe is a small security that can save you big time in the end. Even a cheap sentry safe is better than nothing.

On that third point I would be more worried about a guests child that doesn't have knowledge of firearms.

And brainwashed by the government? Lol please. The government has little sway on anything I do other than follow a lot of bogus laws set by it.
 
Last edited:
Yup, I see it now...."wait Mr. robber while I unlock my safe and load my gun" My guns are loaded and in the house, and I learned that from my Father.....If you are o paranoid and insecure, thatb you need to lock everything up, perhaps you shouldn't have them in the first place. I have had many friends and their kids in my house, and because of the way we have been brought up here in the North Country, no-one even thinks of touching any firearm, and since they aren't in plain sight, the penalty for snooping is just as grave. Accidents happen althrough life, but I'll be damn'ed if someone will try and legislate my rights away for the protection of those who can't take care of themselves!
 
Leave politics out of it please...

None of my weapons can be found by a child and in my home visiting kids are not allowed to roam around unsupervised...
 
Last edited:
Your welcome to your opinion but like I said in a previous post I see people posting about their guns getting stolen all the time. Having them stolen is something I am paranoid about. One because I don't like leaving $3000 rifles laying around unlocked for anyone to take, two because I would feel like crap knowing they are most likely going to be used in a crime and possibly used to hurt or kill someone else, third I do have children and friends that have children and god forbid one of them get ahold of one and hurt them-self or someone else, I don't like spending time in jail and that's where I'd end up if that happened. A safe is a small security that can save you big time in the end. Even a cheap sentry safe is better than nothing.

On that third point I would be more worried about a guests child that doesn't have knowledge of firearms.

And brainwashed by the government? Lol please. The government has little sway on anything I do other than follow a lot of bogus laws set by it.
With all due respect I think the issue here was calling other people irresponsible for keeping loaded weapons (not in a safe) in the home. Everyone has different circumstances. Treasure Hunter and some of the rest of us who may or may not keep loaded guns near by are simply exercising our right to not be a victim of violent crime. We may NEVER have children in our homes or maybe we simply have enough common sense and proper training to lock them up if we know company is coming who have children. An unloaded gun is a club. Try using that against the 3 drug crazed maniacs that just kicked your door in at 2am...
 
With all due respect I think the issue here was calling other people irresponsible for keeping loaded weapons (not in a safe) in the home. Everyone has different circumstances. Treasure Hunter and some of the rest of us who may or may not keep loaded guns near by are simply exercising our right to not be a victim of violent crime. We may NEVER have children in our homes or maybe we simply have enough common sense and proper training to lock them up if we know company is coming who have children. An unloaded gun is a club. Try using that against the 3 drug crazed maniacs that just kicked your door in at 2am...

Sorry for the blanket statement then. When I posted I was referring to hiding guns around the house to hide them from criminals in this post:
Don't get a safe, that's the first thing a thief will see and take. If you really want to protect your treasure get a big Styrofoam cooler fill it with your treasure and then duct tape it closed. Then write in big letters "Bio Hazard - Infected Blood/Tissue Samples" on the cooler. Your treasure will be safe forever.

It just isn't gonna do squat when your not home and a burglar turns your house upside down looking for valuables. I'm not talking about having an easily accessible nightstand gun for self defense. FYI I keep my pistol chambered with only the safety on but since I had kids it stays in the safe. Need to eventually get a quick release safe I can have in the nightstand again.

Again I see a posts on calguns about every month of someone having their firearms stolen and about 90% of those they didn't have a safe. Probably won't matter to you unless it happens, I used to be like that but got tired of being worried they would get stolen when I was on a trip or out of the house when it was beyond my control other than adding an extra security measure such as a safe.
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the blanket statement then. When I posted I was referring to hiding guns around the house to hide them from criminals in this post:

It just isn't gonna do squat when your not home and a burglar turns your house upside down looking for valuables. I'm not talking about having an easily accessible nightstand gun for self defense. FYI I keep my pistol chambered with only the safety on but since I had kids it stays in the safe. Need to eventually get a quick release safe I can have in the nightstand again.

Again I see a posts on calguns about every month of someone having their firearms stolen and about 90% of those they didn't have a safe. Probably won't matter to you unless it happens, I used to be like that but got tired of being worried they would get stolen when I was on a trip or out of the house when it was beyond my control other than adding an extra security measure such as a safe.
My home has alarms with backup battery that powers system for 72 hours in case of power outage and has both landline and cell lines so even if power and land line is cut my alarm system is still protecting my home. I told my alarm company if my alarm goes off and I do not get a call with in 30 seconds of alarm I will take my business elsewhere as I am no longer under contract.

I test my alarm at least twice a month and so far I have always been called in less than 30 seconds. I even ignored the call to see how long it took for police to arrive once I don't answer, it was 12 minutes till police were at my front door.

They have 12 mins to find my hidden weapons and they better home I'm not home,....

I'm in Florida, we have "castle law" here as well as "stand your ground" law. Use of deadly force is allowed.
 
Last edited:
My home has alarms with backup battery that powers system for 72 hours in case of power outage and has both landline and cell lines so even if power and land line is cut my alarm system is still protecting my home. I told my alarm company if my alarm goes off and I do not get a call with in 30 seconds of alarm I will take my business elsewhere as I am no longer under contract.

I test my alarm at least twice a month and so far I have always been called in less than 30 seconds. I even ignored the call to see how long it took for police to arrive once, it was 12 minutes till police were at my door. They have 12 mins to find my hidden weapons....

That's another option but with a monthly fee. I have a disconnected home alarm that just beeps now when the door is opened but I might get it activated. It would be a good way to scare a burglar off and have a bit more peace of mind.
 
That's another option but with a monthly fee. I have a disconnected home alarm that just beeps now when the door is opened but I might get it activated. It would be a good way to scare a burglar off and have a bit more peace of mind.
$35 a month is what I pay, $8.75 a week for peace of mind as well as additional protection for my wife if I am not home. Alarm company can hear what is going on in home, when alarm is activated the remote mic and speaker comes on..
 
Where I live, an alarm system is almost useless. It takes 2 - 3 minutes for the operator to see it pop up on the screen. Another minute or two for them to call. Another 3 or 4 for them to call PD. Between 25 & 47 (yes it's been timed!) minutes for PD to show up! Fifty six minutes and they can pretty well load a Uhaul & be in Mexico. Three big dogs (food) cost me almost what the system cost & I've got more peace of mind with the dogs.
 
Simple....little green boxes that say..."Front towards enemy" by each door
 
now where did i put that condom box ? sorry !
 
Send them pirates! They'll have to get past my slavering, vicious hellhound, Kaycee. Here is a pic of him after a porcupine encounter last fall. He saw a "kitty" in the woods and ran up to it to say hello and perhaps a mutual butt-sniffing, but the kitty turned out to be a porky, and the porky couldn't care less about the K-Dog. Kayce didnt know - he tried to sniff anyway, all he got was a single quill for all his effort. That poor puppy just don't get it.



What a sad sack, huh?
That is the funniest photo I have seen today! He sound like he is a very good boy.

Our family dog, a little ruby colored Cavalier King Charles Spaniel would fail miserably at being a guard dog. If a criminal made it in our house he would run up to them and wag his tail 'til it fell off and give kisses to the criminal, then try to cuddle on their lap lol. When we got our dog the website on the breed said, "A very bad guard dog", we just want a friendly companion though we would never have gotten a dog with any sign of being aggressive to anyone, even a bugler. He is the friendliest dog I have ever seen, he will sit on your lap for hours. If you say, "Do you want to go for a walk??" he will run to his crate jump on top to grab his leash run back with his leash and whimper until someone put it on. If you ever think of going anywhere with out him he will literally cry!! (It sounds like a little baby crying because he is hungry) and frantically whimper. The only thing is, he makes a bad metal detecting partner, he will stay next to you the whole time and you will be tripping over him the whole time, I tied his leash on a little tree branch two feet away while I dug a hole and he started whimpering and going hysterical. One time when our family had a cat, our dog, Happy (yes, that is his name), ran over to say "Hi", wagged his tail, sniffed her, and greeted her by sniffing her butt. The cat turned around and clawed him so bad we had to remove the claws in his back while he whimpered. We even had pet hens, which we raised from chicks, he runs over says "Hi" the chickens then get mad and my dog gets sad.

This is not a photo of my dog, I do not have any on my computer right now (maybe somewhere buried deep deep down in my computer) but is almost identical (except my dog is cuter:laughing9:)
3900-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel-20.webp

Thanks, Coinman123.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom