There were a few Mornin Silas Hella items on ebay that no longer show up when you click on the link, and all of them were dated 1910. I just searched - "mornin silas" hella - and there were 4 results in Google to old ebay auctions.
Looking at the makers mark, it's curious that this one spells out mayer bros, instead of using their well known makers mark. This makes me believe it is either from very early in the company history, or around 1920. Some research showed that in 1920, Joseph and Marcus Mayer split the business and Marcus and Al Mayer continued the company.
Joseph Mayer & Brothers was established in 1895 by Albert, Joseph & Marcus Mayer. The company was incorporated in 1920 and at a later point became the Northern Stamping and Manufacturing Company. They were purchased by E. & J. Towle in 1945, which in turn became West Earth Incorporated in August of 1908. They are located in Seattle, Washington and manufacture sterling flatware and souvenir spoons.
I'm not sure about the hole on the bottom. Doesn't seem like it would hang upside down. Maybe it's a keyhole cover? I don't know