Shrink wrap environmental covers for your machines!!

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok great idea, So does this wrap stick to it's self? How do you seal the bag opening? Or do you?

If it does seal on itself, that would be fantastic but I never heard of suck wrap doing that.....

50 bags on ebay....Man I can screw up many many times and still have plenty left over!

Jim

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the wrap doesn't stick to itself. You slide the bag over the top and apply tape at the bottom to seal it(I leave the latch to change shafts uncovered) Remember it won't be "waterproof" but it will keep most if not all water out, barring a torrential rainstorm: I still keep an eye on it to make sure it's not leaking when I'm in rainy conditions: I would not do this with out a good thick Gorilla tape layer over all but the screen and buttons. The first couple of times I tried in the rain I got leaks because I had a couple of tiny pinholes in the plastic wear I had bumped it on the corner or edge of the box, that's why I put tape over all those areas so there will be no wear on the plastic.Here are some pics before the Gorilla tape. DSCN1801.JPG DSCN1872.JPG
Ok great idea, So does this wrap stick to it's self? How do you seal the bag opening? Or do you?

If it does seal on itself, that would be fantastic but I never heard of suck wrap doing that.....

50 bags on ebay....Man I can screw up many many times and still have plenty left over!

Jim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok got it now...cool.

What gorilla tape you use? I knew they had a duct tape, you use diff?

Jim

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. That got me thinking. I wonder how the shrink window insulation would work. You know,the kind you use a hair dryer on?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions