What's new

Shroomin my last hunt...har

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
287
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin T.X.
First the Fungus
P1060889.jpg

P1060890.jpg


P1060897.jpg

P1060898.jpg


P1060899.jpg


P1060900.jpg

P1060901.jpg


P1060902.jpg

P1060903.jpg


P1060905.jpg


P1060909.jpg

P1060910.jpg


Yummy!
P1060904.jpg


P1060913.jpg

P1060914.jpg


Now the finds....
P1060893.jpg

P1060894.jpg


P1060906.jpg

P1060907.jpg

P1060908.jpg


P1060911.jpg

P1060912.jpg


P1060891.jpg

P1060892.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Very nice Neo, looks like you are feeling better now. rock
 
Pretty much...Not up to diggin just yet,but gettin closer all the time...
 
Rock, shrooms are feeling better!!lol! That is one hobby that takes serious smarts. I read a book on it once. Learned quite a bit considering it was a coloring book!!lol! On a serious note, that is a natural activity that has a bad name, but , so many do it not for a wild time, but for food. Not cheap food either if bought. Hats off to you for having a fungus among us !! Nice artifacts as well. You should change your name to liberty cap!
 
Nice finds Neo. Glad you are doing better. Beautiful scenery to boot.
HH
TnMtns
 
Gonna have some napalitos and maybe some pear candy.
 
Always like seeing the insitu. Picks. Thanks for sharing. When I was a bit younger I used to pick the ones that bruise purple from cow patties.
 
Congratulations! Cool finds. Not sure on the muhrooms, but a few look unedible? :thumbsup:
 
I didn;t pick any...Heck I wouldnt know what ones will not kill me...lol...I have been thinkin on learning more about the ones I can eat tho.Heck I am out there anyhow.
 
If I can learn more about them,I can make some tools to harvest'em....I am sure those that came before us eat them.
 
Neogeo said:
I didn;t pick any...Heck I wouldnt know what ones will not kill me...lol...I have been thinkin on learning more about the ones I can eat tho.Heck I am out there anyhow.

That is not a field to use trial and error in. You will wind up either dead, in a cartoon or with a stomach ache. It does fit in the native thread though. I imagine they ate them for a good meal of for spiritual purposes. I'm like you, not my area. They are pretty and cool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom