Syclone

Greenie
Apr 7, 2016
Western Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from a small area(1000 sq ft. or so) in a corner of one of our farm fields near the river. I remember as a kid looking for arrowheads. As of recent, i have become sort of addicted....

The arrowheads seem to vary a good bit. Is this due to different time periods? I'm not sure if the 3 larger pieces are significant, but the do have a good edge and fit in your hand nicely. I'm thinking scrapers of some sort.

20180109_172029.jpg 20180109_171846.jpg

Upvote 0

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would probably hang on to those two bottom pieces of the three, the lighter colored one has a good look to it to me. you found some pretty good pieces. yes it is addictive.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice finds I don’t think it’s significant site in terms of groundbreaking artifacts but definitely a great site for any collector prob was a camp site or seasonal hunting grounds. I’m sure there’s still plenty of great artifacts still out there too.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice finds I don’t think it’s significant site in terms of groundbreaking artifacts but definitely a great site for any collector prob was a camp site or seasonal hunting grounds. I’m sure there’s still plenty of great artifacts still out there too.

What he said!

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like several different cultures found, I see some Fort Ancient Period (triangles) And Archaic as well, great site I would say!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must of been a favorite hunting area for many years. The scrapers could be cores. It is additive but I enjoy the entertainment of the outdoors. Never know what you might find and for all of you that dont know I have lost just under 100 lbs doing this fun hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread