Syclone

Greenie
Apr 7, 2016
Western Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from a small area(1000 sq ft. or so) in a corner of one of our farm fields near the river. I remember as a kid looking for arrowheads. As of recent, i have become sort of addicted....

The arrowheads seem to vary a good bit. Is this due to different time periods? I'm not sure if the 3 larger pieces are significant, but the do have a good edge and fit in your hand nicely. I'm thinking scrapers of some sort.

20180109_172029.jpg 20180109_171846.jpg

Upvote 0

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would probably hang on to those two bottom pieces of the three, the lighter colored one has a good look to it to me. you found some pretty good pieces. yes it is addictive.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice finds I donā€™t think itā€™s significant site in terms of groundbreaking artifacts but definitely a great site for any collector prob was a camp site or seasonal hunting grounds. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s still plenty of great artifacts still out there too.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice finds I donā€™t think itā€™s significant site in terms of groundbreaking artifacts but definitely a great site for any collector prob was a camp site or seasonal hunting grounds. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s still plenty of great artifacts still out there too.

What he said!

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like several different cultures found, I see some Fort Ancient Period (triangles) And Archaic as well, great site I would say!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must of been a favorite hunting area for many years. The scrapers could be cores. It is additive but I enjoy the entertainment of the outdoors. Never know what you might find and for all of you that dont know I have lost just under 100 lbs doing this fun hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions