Silver and gold today

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Decided to hit a couple spots today I had been wanting to hunt this year and with these warm (40 degrees) and no rain most of the day I headed out and was soon swinging. The first spot was full of newer pennies, but did manage the silver roosie and three wheats. As I was getting in the car I looked down on the road and saw a glint of gold, picking up the road kill 14k ear ring :icon_sunny:. I decided to hit the second spot(not in a good area) and first find was the 42 Merc, so knew I was going to have a good day now. Dug a few quarters, the Kennedy Half, three more wheats(oldest 1913) and some other clad. One of the last hits was a solid quarter hit, deep and full of promise!! I popped out the plug and saw the silver edge and was rewarded with my first silver quarter of the year, a 1953 Washington. Sad to say it just took 11 1/2 months do get that taken care of, but on my behalf I spent most of the year hitting spots in hope of gold and not older silver!!

Walking back to the car I opened the back door and noticed my Ace 250 GONE, the box of gear Gone, sadly realizing my car was broken into, looking in the front where I had a small bag of gold rings(10 rings) that I had shown a couple friends earlier in the day, gone, radio ripped out of the console, phone gone. Head spinning, PI$$ED, and tried to start the car, nothing, popped the hood to check for the battery, still there, so jumped back in the car and still not starting. Getting angrier and angrier I stepped out of the car and stopped. MY car was six feet in front of this car. Both cars were Crown Victoria's, same year, same color, and I know I had a stupid look on my face as I pulled my Explorer out of this other car and sat her beside my Ace 250, relieved as I drove away. TRUE STORY!@!!

Attachments

• 120519jw 002.jpg
    120519jw 002.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 753
  • 120519jw 003.jpg
    120519jw 003.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 737
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't imagine that feeling. Bet I woulda looked around to see if anyone saw me. Kinda like when ya trip. Save a little of the embarrassment if no one sees. Congrats on the silver and gold. Glad someone is getting warmer weather. We are do for another 6 to 12 inches of snow tommorrow.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

W57

Aug 17, 2008
Funny, I felt the rising anger and subsequent feeling of relief while reading your story. Ahh, the unappreciated blessing of things not gone wrong ;D

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
juju said:
Can't imagine that feeling. Bet I woulda looked around to see if anyone saw me. Kinda like when ya trip. Save a little of the embarrassment if no one sees. Congrats on the silver and gold. Glad someone is getting warmer weather. We are do for another 6 to 12 inches of snow tommorrow.
JuJu

Its coming Sunday and tomorrow just might be my last day, well, I'll be hitting the woods then, but last day to get those spots I've just driven by most of the year!! I was happy no one was around to enjoy my situation!!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jack(IN) said:
juju said:
JuJu

Its coming Sunday and tomorrow just might be my last day, well, I'll be hitting the woods then, but last day to get those spots I've just driven by most of the year!! I was happy no one was around to enjoy my situation!!
Good luck on your hunt, and be safe when the snow hits.
Happy Holidays
JuJu

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
thats to funny! i did something like that a while ago. but thats when i used to drink. willy.

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey Jack,
Loved your photos and your story, the second paragraph made me laugh. Couldn't think of a happy ending there but you pulled one out! Nothing like a reprieve from a shitty circumstance.
Your story reminded me of an experience I had over 10 years ago when I was travelling in sicily. i had gone out with a friend and we were going to do some jogging. I tired and walked back to the car and found it locked. I started to bang on with my fists as i was really fed up and wanted to go home. As the windows were slightly opened. i started to try to wiggle my hand in, etc. Out comes this elderly Sicilian gentleman with one eye cocked on me. I explained in my very broken Italian that I was waiting for a friend who was jogging....when I came to the realization that the car I was trying to break into was not the one my friend and I came in but belonged to the farmer. ;D Scusa Paisan'

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
GREAT STORY. I DID A STUPID THING LIKE THAT. LAYED MY KEY'S IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK.GOT
MY DETECTOR OUT. WENT M/D CAME BACK . COULD NOT FIND MY KEY'S. SWORE I LOST THEM AT THE
PARK. CALLED WIFE. SHE GOT THERE ABOUT A HOUR LATER.
I WAS DETECTING SHE CALLED ME OVER TO THE TRUCK AND SAID IS THAT YOUR KEY'S IN THE BACK
OF THE TRUCK. I SAID SOMEONE MUST HAVE FOUND THEM AND SAW ME IN THE PARK AND THOUGHT THEY WERE MIND AND PUT THEM THERE. SHE STILL DOES NOT BELIEVE ME. ::) ::)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Jack, that was a funny story. I was feeling really bad for you, until I read the last few sentences of your writeup. Then I had a different look on my face.. :tard: :tongue3:

Glad you were able to get out and get some silver.

Question:

How could you spot a tiny 14 Kt earring on the ground, and not even recognize your car? ;D ;D ;D :D :D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Captn_SE said:
Question:

How could you spot a tiny 14 Kt earring on the ground, and not even recognize your car? ;D ;D ;D :D :D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan, that is a good question and I have no answer, what are the odds that someone would park the same type car, same year, same color, THEN have the radio ripped out so it would seem to be recently broken into, and park it just a few feet from mine??? I just hope I don't lose my car among a road of ear rings!!

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a similar one before to. I had a 96 Ford Ranger that was blue and I went into a mall to shop came out in a hurry to go back home. Then I realized I had the wrong truck and I was about 2 block away. So I took it back in very big hurry and parked it a looked around for mine which I did. The funny thing about it is the key worked on the door and the ignision why ? and how ? did it work. Was the same yr and color but I did fill dumb about it later. HH later Terry.

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you got your Christmas present early this year.  Silver, your detector, your rings, and your car.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You may go a long time before you find another driveable car!  (lol)  :headbang:

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a pretty funny story...

I went from wonder, to rage, to relief, to laughter all in the time it took to read 3 paragraphs....

AND you found silver... So it was a great ending to the story...

Congrats....

Brian in MA

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack I bet you never leave so many goodies in the car again! Nice hunt... Glad it all turned out ok for you...My year ended around Nov 3rd... About a month earlier for me than last year. We are getting snow and cold almost every single day! :(

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I would have been mad to,if I thought my car had got broken into and they stole my stuff :'( Thank God you found it wasnt your car. Feel bad for the other guy though! Count your blessings and pray for the other person. Glad everthing turned out good for you. Merry christmas and Happy New year :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread