Silver and gold today

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Decided to hit a couple spots today I had been wanting to hunt this year and with these warm (40 degrees) and no rain most of the day I headed out and was soon swinging. The first spot was full of newer pennies, but did manage the silver roosie and three wheats. As I was getting in the car I looked down on the road and saw a glint of gold, picking up the road kill 14k ear ring :icon_sunny:. I decided to hit the second spot(not in a good area) and first find was the 42 Merc, so knew I was going to have a good day now. Dug a few quarters, the Kennedy Half, three more wheats(oldest 1913) and some other clad. One of the last hits was a solid quarter hit, deep and full of promise!! I popped out the plug and saw the silver edge and was rewarded with my first silver quarter of the year, a 1953 Washington. Sad to say it just took 11 1/2 months do get that taken care of, but on my behalf I spent most of the year hitting spots in hope of gold and not older silver!!

Walking back to the car I opened the back door and noticed my Ace 250 GONE, the box of gear Gone, sadly realizing my car was broken into, looking in the front where I had a small bag of gold rings(10 rings) that I had shown a couple friends earlier in the day, gone, radio ripped out of the console, phone gone. Head spinning, PI$$ED, and tried to start the car, nothing, popped the hood to check for the battery, still there, so jumped back in the car and still not starting. Getting angrier and angrier I stepped out of the car and stopped. MY car was six feet in front of this car. Both cars were Crown Victoria's, same year, same color, and I know I had a stupid look on my face as I pulled my Explorer out of this other car and sat her beside my Ace 250, relieved as I drove away. TRUE STORY!@!!

Attachments

• 120519jw 002.jpg
    120519jw 002.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 754
  • 120519jw 003.jpg
    120519jw 003.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 738
Upvote 0

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Good story Jack. And here I was feeling really disappointed for you.
When I was six, we lived on an army post. The housing was like a big apartment complex. Soon after moving there, I came home from playing and went inside on the day the movers were to arrive. The place looked different. I didn't recognize the furniture. I even went down to the basement and looked around. No sisters home. No parents. Finally I realized I wasn't in our quarters! Got out of there fast!
Seems like the half warm days are happening when I have to be at work - and I have a 1900's farm house lined up to visit. Oh well
Steve

prodrigsr

Mar 12, 2008
South Texas
Detector(s) used
CZ6a and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to tell you but your fingerprints are all over a broken into car. :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
dfx willy said:
thats to funny! i did something like that a while ago. but thats when i used to drink. willy.

I might have felt better if I had been drinking!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
DFX-SE Gregg said:
Jack I bet you never leave so many goodies in the car again! Nice hunt... Glad it all turned out ok for you...My year ended around Nov 3rd... About a month earlier for me than last year. We are getting snow and cold almost every single day! :(

Sorry to hear about all that snow/cold ground Gregg!! I'm going to get out tomorrow for a little hunt and hopefully something worth posting!! I think I will have a few less goodies in the car next time out too and make sure I get in the right car as well!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
hoosierfinds said:
Good story Jack. And here I was feeling really disappointed for you.
When I was six, we lived on an army post. The housing was like a big apartment complex. Soon after moving there, I came home from playing and went inside on the day the movers were to arrive. The place looked different. I didn't recognize the furniture. I even went down to the basement and looked around. No sisters home. No parents. Finally I realized I wasn't in our quarters! Got out of there fast!
Seems like the half warm days are happening when I have to be at work - and I have a 1900's farm house lined up to visit. Oh well
Steve

Hey Steve, long time no hear or see!! You might get a few days to hit that older farm house before the end of year if you can get away. Going to be a little toasty in the next few days!! Good Luck!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
prodrigsr said:
Hate to tell you but your fingerprints are all over a broken into car. :coffee2: :coffee2:

I wonder what they would believe if they came knocking on my door???

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
ow boy, i felt sick for you intil the outcome.. i know you were glad ;D

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and awesome finds. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread