Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
We went to Miamisburg today to detect and got three great finds.

First, Jeff and I hit a small tot lot next to a chained up football field. We thought that was going to be where the good stuff was but by the basketball court I hit gold.

This is the biggest man's ring I have ever found--see for yourself. I can put a nickel inside it and it still rattles around. Jeff said he thinks it is a size-13. 13! That is a shoe size not a ring size.

The ring was just under the grass at the edge of the basketball court and came up as a quarter. I called JEff over to check the carats for me as I was too surprised to read it. I told him, "This is the one we have been waiting for," he read " 18... K... ...gold....wahooo...electroplate--dang! So the diamonds are probably just paste then! Double dang, but a nice big ring anyway #45!

Next, I backed off the court area and got another quarter hit--humm-at two inches. It came in as a quarter--silver 1964. Jeff was thrilled, I think, at my second good find at that park. Well, I think he was because he hasn't spoken to me since then...lol

We quit that area and went to some ballfields south of Miamisburg and hit some kiddie ball fields. JEff said there would be nothing there and he was right---except for the one huge medallion I found about the Statue of Liberty. It is bronze and says it commemorates the statue from 1886-1986. I was glad Jeff was on the other side of the fence when I showed it to him. It is as big as a silver bullion dollar and quite thick.

Jeff road home in the back seat with the dog...snicker! But, I didn't turn my back on him until we got home. He last words were..."Nice finds but it wasn't a real diamond like my find...two weeks and three days ago...lol"

SKD

100_0062.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_0050.jpg

100_0056.jpg

100_0055.jpg

Upvote 0

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring for sure. Sounds like you had one fun day.. HH :icon_thumright:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have a toke similar to that it is a anniversary token for sear dept store it was made from copper that was recycled when they restored the statue of liberty it says 100 celebrating sears new century1886-1986 on one side and contains authentic materialthn a bust of lady liberty 1886 centennial 1986 and under liberty bust it said liberty2 trade mark markings 1982 sl/eie,incso does that mean i have a sears token that is made from statue of liberty copperthat birds have pooed on in my lips acckkk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread