chukers
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2010
- Messages
- 1,824
- Reaction score
- 147
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Eastland Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Silver? I can't tell...
Went out today... It's been a while since I found anything good... I think I might of found a few keepers.... Check them out...
I hunted in an old spot that has been hunted to death... And if you hunt the spots that you'd expect to find some things you just won't.... BUT I found out a little secret...
I hunted this park area that dates back into the 40's maybe earlier... Anyway the place is literally hunted out, except I tried one more time with some descent results... I only had an hour to hunt so I started hunting this park... Around this one acre park is a dirt road full of rocks and is packed so hard a pick would break digging into it... and because of that reason I figured no one would of hunted it, at least very few would attempt it... And I was right... Coins started coming out of it and yes they were very hard to get out of the road! within a few minutes I found a ring! It looks silver! Which is kinda true.... It actually says 10k gold filled sterling... Which I'm not sure what that is.... Is it gold or is it silver? How do you put a value on that?
Also I found a very very crusty Washington quarter... It sounds silver it has a chip in the dirt and looks silver but I am not sure because there's so much dirt on it I cannot tell because of all the dirt and as I type about it, it is in my electrolysis set up trying to get the dirt and grime off of it... I'll let you know how that turned out when it comes off.
So in conclusion do not forget about the roads... the dirt roads around the sites you hunt... people get in out of their cars and they lose things!
I can't wait to go back and try again
Chukers
Went out today... It's been a while since I found anything good... I think I might of found a few keepers.... Check them out...
I hunted in an old spot that has been hunted to death... And if you hunt the spots that you'd expect to find some things you just won't.... BUT I found out a little secret...
I hunted this park area that dates back into the 40's maybe earlier... Anyway the place is literally hunted out, except I tried one more time with some descent results... I only had an hour to hunt so I started hunting this park... Around this one acre park is a dirt road full of rocks and is packed so hard a pick would break digging into it... and because of that reason I figured no one would of hunted it, at least very few would attempt it... And I was right... Coins started coming out of it and yes they were very hard to get out of the road! within a few minutes I found a ring! It looks silver! Which is kinda true.... It actually says 10k gold filled sterling... Which I'm not sure what that is.... Is it gold or is it silver? How do you put a value on that?
Also I found a very very crusty Washington quarter... It sounds silver it has a chip in the dirt and looks silver but I am not sure because there's so much dirt on it I cannot tell because of all the dirt and as I type about it, it is in my electrolysis set up trying to get the dirt and grime off of it... I'll let you know how that turned out when it comes off.
So in conclusion do not forget about the roads... the dirt roads around the sites you hunt... people get in out of their cars and they lose things!
I can't wait to go back and try again
Chukers
Attachments
Upvote
0










