Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hunting the bahamas for relics and hit some fused conglomerate from an old house that burnt and fell into the sea....I've found some good stuff over the years here from time to time but I've always been looking for the rumored silverware here !! Well I've finally started to find some after a couple years of poking around. Today I got a heavy ladle handle in silver along with a large conglomerate that has a silver spoon bowl and a mystery piece of inscribed silver !! The pictured pieces are only a few of what I found but have definitely got silver locked inside 20200223_134635.jpg
20200223_134626.jpg
You can see a large silverware handle in the first pic and the large silver conglomerate next to it. 20200223_134722.jpg in this chunk you can see the decorative silver spoon bowl exposed in this clump. 20200223_134703.jpg
Heres the inscribed piece that came out of this silver clump 20200223_134656.jpg
20200223_221623.jpg
I cant make out what it once said but it does have a patent also at the top of the tag.
20200223_155240.jpg
This was a deep hit that turned out to be a Revlon compac from the 50s. 20200223_155228.jpg
In this video I had just dug it and had not reached the HEAVY LAYER yet !!
20200223_124022.jpg heres my co worker digging with me on her day off...she did good with the carrot pin pointer and actually dug a nice bottle while digging in the iron layer today !! 20200223_124016.jpg 20200223_124137.jpg
Here's some of the iron trash we cleared away to get to the heavy (silver)layer today !! Check out the video.....the nox is a beast at looking through the iron !! There's more there.....I wanted to dig more but to be honest I cut my finger on glass while digging and had to stop !! Happy hunting everyone and good luck.

Upvote 2

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1805636
View attachment 1805637
View attachment 1805638 heres the little spoon from the other day !! Shes a beauty !! Not sure what the image is....I think english though.

======

I saw that image yesterday when looking for more info on Mr. Hamlet. I'll find and post the meaning before I shut it down in the morning. :icon_thumleft:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart, does the item I have circled really say " Revlon " on it ? Or am I missing part of it.

A.png

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Geesh! I should have saved that info! I am recreating the wheel now.

JMB - J. Millward Banks - Birmingham, England

But my info says registered 1902 and I know I read earlier dates yesterday. :icon_scratch:

Ah. Here's what I read yesterday. Is that what you found, Simon?

J.M.B
John Millward Banks
Firm established in 1863 in Birmingham with manufacturing premises at 6 Northampton Street, Birmingham and Showroom at 12, 14 Beake Street, Regent Street, London. In 1900 c. the firm name was changed to J.M. Banks & Co. The business was closed in 1926 c.
Chester 1898 hallmark
Birmingham 1894 hallmark
Birmingham 1896 hallmark

========

Yes, that was one :icon_thumleft:
2020-02-28 00_28_38-English silver hallmarks_ British maker's marks identification JM.png

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Bart, I thought I saw the face that is on your spoon, but I can not find an identical one ( yet ).

Mr. Hamlet has a patent number issued in 1893 and before 1894. ( yours is stamped 219802 )

2020-02-28 02_06_22-LOZENGE MARK - PATENT MARK (BRITISH)  HAMLET a.png

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed this Bart... stellar man.

Well done.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are great....glad everyone is enjoying these finds !! I wanted to say welcome aboard to EQ8.....glad to make your aquantence !! Simon the little find that says revlon is from the 1950s.....there are newer artifacts trapped in the upper layers and lots of newer trash here. I think that bust has something to do with the Tories, wigs, or loyalists. English history stuff !! The little button is interesting but a mystery also ? I've got to fish so it might be a couple days till I get back to this spot. Thanks simon, wd, EQ8 and thank you ARC ITS BEEN FUN.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats a great adventure what a beautiful area. the finds are fantastic and the gang from T-net helping with the identification justs adds to a better story thanks everyone for the pictures and Id Please show us some more

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are great....glad everyone is enjoying these finds !! I wanted to say welcome aboard to EQ8.....glad to make your aquantence !! Simon the little find that says revlon is from the 1950s.....there are newer artifacts trapped in the upper layers and lots of newer trash here. I think that bust has something to do with the Tories, wigs, or loyalists. English history stuff !! The little button is interesting but a mystery also ? I've got to fish so it might be a couple days till I get back to this spot. Thanks simon, wd, EQ8 and thank you ARC ITS BEEN FUN.

As usual, fantastic finds Bart

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats a great adventure what a beautiful area. the finds are fantastic and the gang from T-net helping with the identification justs adds to a better story thanks everyone for the pictures and Id Please show us some more

Hey mark...glad you like these finds buddy. I'll be coming home for a week or 2 on Wednesday....sooo...keep the boat warmed up for that adventure we talked about.....let's do it !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual, fantastic finds Bart

Thank you steve....I herd a few coins got found up in your neck of the woods too !! Good luck and happy hunting my friend !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! Banner, congrats!

Thank you for the banner vote rusty....I hope your having success and good luck also my friend....happy hunting !!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that spoon is really something the portrait has to be some kind of knowbaleman or king

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200301_081325.jpg
20200301_081357.jpg
I just cant make out the inscription... mark....its been in the sea so long the details are heavily worn. I've looked at a lot of commerative spoons online........theres a lot of them !! Most likely if it's not english themed and is a bahamian bust it would be woods rogers or lord dunmore 2 very popular and revered bahamians of english origin. I'm gonna try an image search next.....but there are thousands and thousands of spoons with busts on them. Maybe I'll get lucky and run across a match one day.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stellar finds and perseverance. Great job keeping your ears and mind open to the possibilities, but like they say inquiring minds want to know.
Haven't seen this thread either till now, but congratulations on having a very curious mind.
Definitely seems like 1893 fits the time frame for the Rd No. as Simon highlighted.

I know British seems most likely on the figure facing left, but could it possibly be honoring George Washington (100-year celebration perhaps)? Or some British or Bahamian literary figure if it was found near the "Library" area of the home (close to the "Hamlet" bookmark)?

EDIT: Simon's chart coincides with the link provided by WD as well.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello pete how are you.....I've thought seriously about George washington...some images are very close and there are probably more george Washington commerative spoons than any other historical figure.....they just go on and on when image searching. Hope fully I can get back there today and look for some more relics. Might be that I never really get an I'd on it....either way I'm really happy with the spoon and it will go with the other 10 or 12 spoons I've dug !! Time to make a spoon display !! Seems like the treasure coast is heating up with some good finds lately......hope your out and about hunting up there good luck man...and happy hunting !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya....simon and WD were tenacious with there research tracking that one down !! EQ8 also !!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amnd I don't know what happened.... something was lost... for I said it was this guy...

gurche_neanderthal.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions