What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
I asked this question once in a previous post but never got an answer really. (not to you directly)

On the silver ingots that were recovered off the (ATOCHA)? there're some on display in show showroom at Kellyco. (2008/9) Maybe @Treasure_Hunter would know.

These huge ingots had stamps on them, and the card stated they were recovered off a wreck.
I walked out after buying a detector, and said to the Mrs that some math doesn't add up.

The bars were priced well under spot price at the time, so I couldn't figure it out why.

I questioned in my mind...were they fakes, or they had been sitting there so long that the actual price was under valued.
Another thought that the silver bars were just a low quality of silver and not a high casted ingot.

Because I was all game in going back from AMI, and buying those big ingots, but the Mrs poured a bucket on that idea. :laughing7:
There's no "Remember the time I wanted to buy?" :violent1::laughing7:
I mentioned in a previous post that my parents had a chance to invest with Mel Fisher when he was still searching for the Atocha but took a pass for some reason. BUT they did know someone who invested.

They had a 2nd house on the water on the Eastern Shore of MD. There's a restaurant in that area and the owners apparently did invest, because my dad told me that after the Atocha was found, they must have been paid off in bling, because they had a display set up in the restaurant loaded with coins, bars, and a large gold necklace/chain.

I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I believe my dad. Don't know if all that is still on display. Personally, if I owned that restaurant, it would be the last place I'd want to display Gold & Silver treasure, lol.
 
Well, then, I guess I must throw my hat into the ring. I predict $200 an ounce by the end of the year ha ha ha.😳😂😜🤩🏴‍☠️ and just to make it clear I was the first to predict !!!!!🤣😂🏆
 
No way.
You would have been the ONLY guy on earth who thought that... even analysts did not foresee it... so unless you had a crystal ball or were just reaching there was no way you "foresaw" that far back.
We all knew it would go up eventually... this is not rocket science.
But you DID NOT KNOW it would be at 100 at beginning of this year... EVEN 6 MONTHS AGO... ONLY a handful of people had an idea that it could by end 1st quarter 2026... and NO ONE other than Comex high ups and India analyst outlooks / LBMA flow analysts knew it could MAYBE go to 100 by first quarter... but they were NOT for sure and only speculated it MIGHT hit 100 by the end of marches calls.
ARC, brotha, relax, take a breath. You're not the only one who has connections in the industry. I knew it would go to $100 and even much higher into 3-figures back when I invested at $19. Do you think I’d be dropping a lot of $$ to invest on a whim?

I never said it would be hitting $100 in Jan 2026, or the beginning of this year; that’s your assertion. I felt it was coming soon based on all the recent activity and increases in price, but I didn’t have an exact date, nobody’s that good. But I knew it would hit $100 and soar even higher, and that's why I dropped $$ into investing in Silver back when it was at $19. It was only in the last several months or so, as Silver was in the processing of rising on a constant basis that provided a closer view/idea as to how soon it might reach that mark, as we continued to get closer.

Look at the people who invested in Mel Fisher when he was searching for the Atocha. He knew he would find it; they knew he would find it, but he/they just didn’t know the exact day, month or year that it would be found (today’s the day!). And who really cares? He knew he would find it and he did.

So no, I didn't know EXACTLY that Silver would be hitting $100 in Jan 2026 until we got really close, and I never predicted that it would hit in Jan 2026, only that it would be hitting soon. And for the record, I'm NOT some kind of Silver guru, not an analyst, not a trader, never claimed to be. But like I've said in many other posts, I use my life experience, discernment, and plain ole' common sense to help me make decisions.

AND, in the case of Silver, I had some major help. I have an acquaintance who owns multiple businesses, and one of those businesses is involved with Silver investing. He personally has 10's of Millions of his own money invested in Silver. It was HE who suggested to ME that I invest in Silver, because HE knew it would be hitting $100oz and rising into the mid 3-figures, even higher. He also believes that the real price of Silver should be either equal or very close to the price of gold, forgetting the 7 to 1 ratio as demand for Silver is higher than demand for Gold. So, I used my life experience, discernment and common sense to jump in at $19 based on his recommendation. So, I don't have a crystal ball, I didn't have a dream, I didn't flip a coin and didn't count on luck. A multi-multi-millionaire with 10’s of Millions of his own money invested in Silver gave me advice, I took his advice, and it's paying off.

I AM the one who leaked the news of upcoming 100 at first of the year first here.
Believe that.
I’ll believe it when I see it. It wasn’t on this thread, so please provide the thread and post # where you leaked the news at the beginning of the year. I’m not doubting that you may have said that, but it wasn’t on this thread. I’ve made posts on other forums and other threads saying the same as well, but it’s my thread here that we’re talking about.

SO,, IF you "knew"... you were ONLY guessing.
So again.
You saw nothing even if you were aware of all that.... and no one without serious knowledge of the silver scene as a whole would have even had a hint.
IT was purposely done UNDER radar... so "regular" buyers and such would PURPOSELY not know and be late to the party.
I wasn’t guessing, I was taking advice from someone who put his $$ where his mouth is. He’s not an analyst or trader, sitting behind a screen, trying to figure out what the market is doing and trying to tell others what to do. He’s a hard core investor who is deeply involved and has a business in Silver. It’s like the old saying “If you can’t do, teach”. He doesn’t teach, he simply does, and I’d much rather take advice from someone actually involved in the game with his own money than those staring at screens trying to prognosticate.

And just so you know....
I can also prove ALL of this i said... So before you argue.........
OK, if this is the case, by all means, please provide proof. If you’ve said this on Tnet, please provide the thread and post # at the beginning of the year where you stated that Silver would be hitting $100. I may not have seen that thread or post; I'm just focusing on this thread.

LIKE just starting with the first fact that silver would NEVER be / hit 100.. NOW or even by end of 2026 if it was not added to the Strategic mineral list IN NOVEMBER. (as well as other following suite)
And KNOWING this was ONLY privy to those who KNEW these lists were coming under review.
And did not become LAW until three months ago.
So this is just ONE... FACT.
AND ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR THE FAST RISE !
had that not happened... SILVER would be $45- 55 MAX an ounce TODAY... and WOULD NOT HAVE hit 100 EVEN THIS YEAR.
And KNOWING this was ONLY privy to those who KNEW these lists were coming under review.
And did not become LAW until three months ago.
So this is just ONE... FACT.
OK, so those are facts. They may be facts of events that have contributed to Silver’s incredible rise, but they aren’t Facts that prove that you were the first person in the history of the world who “leaked” that Silver was going to hit $100. You said it yourself in your first paragraph that “We all knew it would go up eventually... this is not rocket science.” And I knew it too based on the advice I was given a few years ago when I first started investing in Silver. I knew it was gonna happen, and that’s why I invested my $$ into physical Silver. I didn’t have a date or month, don’t care, I’m in it for the long-term, but I knew it was gonna happen, just couldn’t predict exactly when. So what?

So those facts are all fine and good, but they still don’t “prove” that you were the first to utter a prediction. You very well may have, on another thread, or in another forum, but we’re dealing with this thread, the thread that I started, and if you look at the top right of any of my posts, you’ll see the banner “Thread Owner”. So please provide the thread and post # where you were the first to say that Silver was going to $100. I may not have seen that thread or your post. I’m only referencing this specific thread.

Have some respect for what i brought to your thread..
I absolutely do have respect for what you’ve brought to the thread, and I think I’ve made my appreciation apparent on several different posts and replies to your posts.

I will stop now by simply stating.....
I call BS...
Sheesh man... you USE AMPEX for pricing.... that says it all. heh
LOL, as if the spot price chart one uses has any bearing. I like APMEX, I like their spot price layout, I like the larger fonts. Using a different site to get a spot price doesn’t make you a better prognosticator; no more than driving a more expensive car doesn’t make you a better driver. I haven’t seen any two different sites with spot prices that are exactly the same; they’re all showing different prices. The differences aren’t huge, maybe pennies or 50 cents, or whatever, but they all are typically within a buck of each other. I just look at the spot price as a gauge, an indication of where Silver is heading. I don’t have to get into the minutia and down to the very last penny. All of that is fluff anyway.
 
Well, then, I guess I must throw my hat into the ring. I predict $200 an ounce by the end of the year ha ha ha.😳😂😜🤩🏴‍☠️ and just to make it clear I was the first to predict !!!!!🤣😂🏆
OK SNT, you got it, we heard it here first! :icon_thumright:

I better document that you said it first, here on my Tnet thread, in the year of our Lord 2026, on Jan 25th. Just want to document this so nobody else tries to claim later on that they were the first, lol. :silvertrophy:
 
Your post made me think of the estimated 47 tons of silver recovered from the Atocha and how much silver is still out there laying on the sea floor. That's something I would always think about when ever I was out on a sandy Florida beach in the early 1990s when I had to stay out in Gainesville for two weeks at a time coming home every other weekend. I very often went to a beach somewhere on my weekends there. Wished I'd at least got me a metal detector to play around with. Instead I killed the time away being a beach bum two weekends a month.
I don't remember where I heard or read this, been a long time, but I do recall hearing/seeing something that said that there's more wealth buried or lost (under land or sea), than currently exists in all the world today. That's a LOT of lost/buried wealth.
 
I don't remember where I heard or read this, been a long time, but I do recall hearing/seeing something that said that there's more wealth buried or lost (under land or sea), than currently exists in all the world today. That's a LOT of lost/buried wealth.
Yes, no doubt there. Just take the bodies of water for instance, according to World Atlas and other sites I read on, since the dawn of time there are an estimated 3 million shipwrecks in all the waters and only a very small fraction ever recovered. Now I suppose this would count wooden hulled canoe to the largest of ships but even an artifact from a dugout canoe is quite valuable. 71% of the earth is covered in water so include underwater oil wealth, natural precious metals and so on and that leaves no doubt. And then there's the treasure on dry ground.
 
OK, I’m taking a risk here because I don’t know this person, I don’t know if this information is legit or just a bunch of BS. But I was thinking, what if it isn’t BS? So I’m sharing this just in case this information is legit.

But again, let me state up front and clearly that I DON’T KNOW THIS PERSON SO I DON’T KNOW IF I CAN TRUST THIS INFORMATION, but I’m curious and it will be interesting to see if it has any merit, or if it’s just BS and noise.

The wife showed me this, got this message on her cell by her chat group that’s frequented by a lot of investors in Silver, Gold, etc. My dad always told me that “even a turtle doesn’t get ahead unless he sticks his neck out”, so what the heck, I’ll stick my neck out. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing so let’s see how this plays out. Here’s the message she received:

OMG
My insider in Washington told me something that will blow everyone’s mind.
Can’t say anything but watch what happens to Silver and Gold when Futures open tonight.
The world will be shocked.
 
I don't remember where I heard or read this, been a long time, but I do recall hearing/seeing something that said that there's more wealth buried or lost (under land or sea), than currently exists in all the world today. That's a LOT of lost/buried wealth.
It's what dreams are made of 💰
 
Well...to be honest I think alot of silver that was difficult and to expensive to salvage just became worth while to attempt.....perhaps we will see renewed interest in salvaging some of these formerly ignored wrecks !!
It no doubt has few folks who have the means to give it a go licking their chops.
 
1769389026693.webp
 
Hmmm, how about a U.S. to Canada arbitrage play? Buy down here at U.S. prices, take them up north to unload at higher Canadian prices? LOL.
How about you buy mine in US dollars-$147.30 It's a bargain-trust me.:icon_pirat:
 
How about you buy mine in US dollars-$147.30 It's a bargain-trust me.:icon_pirat:
Hmm, somehow, me thinks there's a pirate behind that offer, so I'll have to take a harrddd pass, lol. :skullflag:
 
1769392099719.webp

1769392109375.webp

1769392117819.webp
 
You can bet the copper mines are sure smiling
U.S. copper mines are significant sources of byproduct silver, contributing to a total domestic mine production of approximately 1,000 metric tons (roughly 32-35 million ounces) of silver in 2023. While Alaska is the top silver producer, Arizona's copper mines (the nation's largest) produce substantial silver as a byproduct.
 
You can bet the copper mines are sure smiling
U.S. copper mines are significant sources of byproduct silver, contributing to a total domestic mine production of approximately 1,000 metric tons (roughly 32-35 million ounces) of silver in 2023. While Alaska is the top silver producer, Arizona's copper mines (the nation's largest) produce substantial silver as a byproduct.
Yeah buddy, I've heard that copper prices are rising as well. Interesting is that most Silver is mined as a byproduct when the miners are mining copper, lead & zinc. Silver is one of the metals that they find/process from the same mine as they're sourcing those other metals. Talk about multi-tasking, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom