What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Dang, too bad I sold my silver at 40.
Oh well… more to come.
Don't feel bad I sold off 1750 troy ounces in 2006 when it hit $9.50 plus my accumulated gold content. Then again in 2009 @ $14.50 I got rid of some more accumulated silver and gold.

Then again I was smiling in 2006 as the base price paid was a straight $3.00 a troy ounce over a previous 10 year span.
If somebody had said in 20 yrs you will have $110K more-I probably would have looked at them as being a tad daft in the head.
 
This is getting deliciously insane, lol. Silver closed yesterday at $72oz & change. Due to Christmas activities, I’ve been moving around to various family gatherings so wasn’t checking the market.

Just got back from dinner and it was over $74, I didn’t even get to see it go to $73, lol. Then as I was typing this up and making a screenshot, it had risen over $75oz. So, closing yesterday at $72 and up over $75 today, Silver has risen over $3.00 oz in just 1 day.

This is a VERY Merry Christmas indeed!!

1766711787633.webp
 
Silver hits $76oz today.

Platinum is now over $2,400oz, and Palladium is now over $1,900oz. Gold holding steady over $4,500oz.

1766767003559.webp
 
Silver hits $76oz today.

Platinum is now over $2,400oz, and Palladium is now over $1,900oz. Gold holding steady over $4,500oz.

View attachment 2238547
I have to wonder how many gave thanks a month ago during Thanksgiving on how silver was doing.
Since then it's gained a lot.

Screenshot 2025-12-26 at 12.12.24 PM.webp
 
Are we having fun yet?

Yesterday, Silver jumped from $72oz to $75oz, so it rose $3.00oz. Earlier today, it jumped to $76oz, then the wife and I went over to her sister's house for lunch and to hang out for a bit.

Just got home and Silvers now at over $78oz, I totally missed the jump to $77, lol. So far today, it’s jumped $3.00oz, just like yesterday. Maybe we’ll hit $100 by the end of the year, it’s possible.

1766783779537.webp


Correction/Update:
I no sooner posted that Silver hit $78oz, and it’s already up over $79oz. Man, I can’t keep up with the rise of this metal. In just the last 24 hours, Silver is up over $7.00oz. Silver is quickly becoming my favorite color, lol.

1766784960943.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom