What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
This coming week will be the beginning of the "show". heh
You got that right ARC, lol. Monday will be very interesting, as the Traders come back and see that Shanghai's price for physical Silver is now at $88 and we're just a hair away from $80. But they gotta decide what they're gonna try to do about that margin. Our Silver prices/values have been based on paper trading of Silver that may not really exist while China's price is based on the reality of what it really costs to get physical Silver

BTW, as of Jan 1, China is no longer allowing the export of their physical Silver. That's gonna put a HUGE hurting on the Global supply. And when supply drops and people can no longer get physical Silver, guess what happens to the price due to the law of supply and demand? :icon_thumright:

It won't be much longer until Silver becomes "Unobtanium".
 
per AI:
China will implement strict export controls on silver effective January 1, 2026, requiring government-issued licenses rather than a total ban. The policy, aiming to secure resources for domestic, high-tech industries (like solar and electronics), restricts exports to large, state-approved firms. This is expected to significantly tighten global supplies.
  • Key Details: Only, larger, state-certified companies producing at least 80 tons of silver annually will be permitted to export, effectively cutting out smaller players.
  • Purpose: The move is largely seen as strategic, allowing China to control the outflow of a critical, high-demand industrial metal.
  • Impact: This, along with other metal restrictions, is expected to increase global silver prices and cause significant supply chain disruptions.
  • Don in SoCal
 
Just like the price of my house I bought in 1984 for $64,490 but is now valued around $300K. What's the chances that home prices will ever come back down to 1980's levels? Seems every house these days, even crappy ones, sell for $400K or more.
Sorry to laugh at your post. Truly. I know you did not mean it this way, but I took this as a funny error. This is what you wrote. " I bought in 1984 for $64,490 but is now valued around $300K. What's the chances that home prices will ever come back down to 1980's levels? Seems every house these days, even crappy ones, sell for $400K or more." So a CRAPPY house is worth $400K. And your house? Is worth $300K. What does that say about your house?

Yes, I know. You did not mean that. As I said, I just took it funny. Hope you do too. I suspect your house is not much worse than a crappy one, and did not want to offend. Now back to my regularly scheduled reading. Thanks for the unintended smile.
 
Sorry to laugh at your post. Truly. I know you did not mean it this way, but I took this as a funny error. This is what you wrote. " I bought in 1984 for $64,490 but is now valued around $300K. What's the chances that home prices will ever come back down to 1980's levels? Seems every house these days, even crappy ones, sell for $400K or more." So a CRAPPY house is worth $400K. And your house? Is worth $300K. What does that say about your house?

Yes, I know. You did not mean that. As I said, I just took it funny. Hope you do too. I suspect your house is not much worse than a crappy one, and did not want to offend. Now back to my regularly scheduled reading. Thanks for the unintended smile.
:sign10: Brother, you just made my day, lol. Even if the jokes on me, if it makes others laugh, I'm good. Yeah, I see what you mean, and yes, I didn't mean it that way. I have a townhome, bought for $64,490 in 1984. Recently, got our property tax assessment from the county and they had estimated value a few bucks shy of $300K.

What I meant to say is new home construction, but also a lot of resales as well. Seems every new housing development that goes up is selling for at least $400K or much higher. I live in a middle-class neighborhood and just up the street from us is a new housing development going up. That development is surrounded by middle class single homes, some are rather small, but they do have small plots of land, at least front and back yards. So, driving through that area you'd think it's a middle-class neighborhood with small to medium size, regular, normal type houses.

So, in this middle-class neighborhood, on a large plot of land behind one of the modest homes and also behind the elementary school, new houses are going up. Wife and I drove by and looked at the sign they have posted. So, how much are they asking for these new homes smack dab in the middle of small to medium size middle class homes? The sign said, "Starting from the $700's". WTF, "starting" at 3/4 Million? You gotta be kidding me.
 
Sorry to laugh at your post. Truly. I know you did not mean it this way, but I took this as a funny error. This is what you wrote. " I bought in 1984 for $64,490 but is now valued around $300K. What's the chances that home prices will ever come back down to 1980's levels? Seems every house these days, even crappy ones, sell for $400K or more." So a CRAPPY house is worth $400K. And your house? Is worth $300K. What does that say about your house?

Yes, I know. You did not mean that. As I said, I just took it funny. Hope you do too. I suspect your house is not much worse than a crappy one, and did not want to offend. Now back to my regularly scheduled reading. Thanks for the unintended smile.
Maybe the crappy house has a silver lining.😊
 
Maybe the crappy house has a silver lining.😊
My wife watches a lot of those house rebuilding shows, the ones where they buy a beach property, lake property, or just a regular property. Some of the houses I've seen look like they're about ready to fall down, yet the asking prices always seems to be in the hundreds of thousands of $. Some of the buyers wind up spending $100K, sometimes more, to get the houses back to livable condition. Guess it all has to do with location. Sometimes small, dilapidated shacks close to a beach sell for hundreds of thousands, but other areas of the country, you can get a large, beautiful home for the same $. Doesn't always seem to make sense.
 
per AI:
China will implement strict export controls on silver effective January 1, 2026, requiring government-issued licenses rather than a total ban. The policy, aiming to secure resources for domestic, high-tech industries (like solar and electronics), restricts exports to large, state-approved firms. This is expected to significantly tighten global supplies.
  • Key Details: Only, larger, state-certified companies producing at least 80 tons of silver annually will be permitted to export, effectively cutting out smaller players.
  • Purpose: The move is largely seen as strategic, allowing China to control the outflow of a critical, high-demand industrial metal.
  • Impact: This, along with other metal restrictions, is expected to increase global silver prices and cause significant supply chain disruptions.
  • Don in SoCal
Good post Mackaydon! I forgot about their gov't issued licenses, and that 80-ton requirement is going to knock a LOT of players out. Bottom line is that China will have total control over who is allowed to export and probably how much they'd be allowed to export. IMO, seems they want to keep the vast majority of physical Silver within their country, for their own needs. They've been stockpiling and buying hordes of Silver every month for the last few years.
 
:sign10: Brother, you just made my day, lol. Even if the jokes on me, if it makes others laugh, I'm good. Yeah, I see what you mean, and yes, I didn't mean it that way. I have a townhome, bought for $64,490 in 1984. Recently, got our property tax assessment from the county and they had estimated value a few bucks shy of $300K.

What I meant to say is new home construction, but also a lot of resales as well. Seems every new housing development that goes up is selling for at least $400K or much higher. I live in a middle-class neighborhood and just up the street from us is a new housing development going up. That development is surrounded by middle class single homes, some are rather small, but they do have small plots of land, at least front and back yards. So, driving through that area you'd think it's a middle-class neighborhood with small to medium size, regular, normal type houses.

So, in this middle-class neighborhood, on a large plot of land behind one of the modest homes and also behind the elementary school, new houses are going up. Wife and I drove by and looked at the sign they have posted. So, how much are they asking for these new homes smack dab in the middle of small to medium size middle class homes? The sign said, "Starting from the $700's". WTF, "starting" at 3/4 Million? You gotta be kidding me.
$700k for a house around here would be a real bargain. A typical 3/2 in our middle class neighborhood (10 miles from the nearest beach) is around $1M.
 
$700k for a house around here would be a real bargain. A typical 3/2 in our middle class neighborhood (10 miles from the nearest beach) is around $1M.
I remember hearing years ago, that people who worked in San Francisco couldn't even live in San Francisco because houses there started at $900K or something like that. I also remember many years ago, when houses and property down in Florida were pretty cheap, like getting a nice size house for $100K or $150K. But now? The great Florida stampede has caused prices down there to skyrocket.

Down the street from my house, apartments are going for $1600 to $1800 per month. Sheesh, that's a lot more than my mortgage payment. I don't know how young families just starting out have any hope of getting a home.
 
This coming week is shaping up to be a Pivotal week for Silver, there’s a very good chance we’ll be seeing Silver at $85 - $90 an ounce, possibly higher. $100 an ounce Silver is VERY close. It’s also going to be a very dangerous week for Traders, Banks, and possibly those who hold “paper” silver contracts, ETF’s, etc. But if you hold physical Silver, relax and enjoy the show, this all won’t affect us. Well, let me rephrase, it will affect us but in the best possible way as the chaos this coming week will send Silver prices skyrocketing even further.

NOTE: If you currently hold physical Silver, it’s important that you stay relaxed and calm next week, as there’s going to be a lot of turmoil in the market. But that turmoil affects the Futures and Paper Silver markets, not those who hold physical Silver. Due to the coming chaos that the traders and banks will be facing, they’ll be making desperate moves to do whatever they can to stay solvent. There’s a good possibility that some of their moves might temporarily cause Silver to briefly drop $5 - $10 an ounce. If/when you see that, don’t panic, just smile, because the price will shoot right back up, probably in the same day.

Since the market is currently closed for the weekend, take advantage of the downtime and learn more about what all’s going on and causing all the chaos. We usually don’t know how all this stuff works in the background, so I posted several videos to help everyone get up to speed. These videos should provide clarification and should be able to answer any questions you may have. They’ve answered a lot of questions for me, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5CQefoRg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itADQfSlulA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5suA_yI-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvxzKapeOU
 
Last edited:
Hey pepperj, I was having trouble reading your post. Could you make the fonts a little bit bigger?? LOL, just kidding brother, great intel you shared!
Sorry for that one. Was using the phone and I can usually copy paste.
Not that article.
Screen shots.
 
Last edited:
Silver just hit $80oz!!!!

1766879718982.webp
 
Last edited:
Yep!

1766943966022.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom