"Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
"Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Hello My Friends!

After a full day of detecting on Sunday at a giant home lot site, I drove home with one sure conclusion: Turf hunting always seems to be much more productive for me than lot hunting. :BangHead: I busted my behind yesterday for 13 wheats, a bunch of clad, and some marbles. It was fun to meet up with all of Leo's gang, while producer/cameraman, Jeff, was filming another episode of Finder's Keepers, a local cable TV detecting show. A couple of other keepers in my pouch at the end of the day was a broken 18 kt white gold bracelet (marked "750 Italy"), and a very large one piece flat button. The button has no markings on it. It's 1.5" in diameter, and is very thin. If anyone approximate a date of a button of this type, I'd appreciate it. One of my buddies said the button reminded him of some of the Colonial era flat buttons he was finding while in PA last year. If it is that old, I have no idea what it was doing in a 20's-30's neighborhood. :icon_scratch:

All the silver coinage, including 28 wheaties were found at my silver park in two short hunts. Today, all 4 of my silver coins that I found had another target in the hole with them. The '60 Washington was found with two 1960 memorial pennies in my plug at around 7". The two 1957 Rosies were found in the same plug with a 1954 nickel in the dirt on a hillside, and the final '57 Rosie was found next to a ringtab. All the coinage I found today came from an area that I had detected 3-4 times before with my 1050 coil last year. It's a very trashy area, and the Pro Coil performed very well today. :occasion18:

So if you ask me where I'd rather be detecting, I would answer "The turf, of course"! :headbang: I forgot to mention that with today's silver coins from my "silver park", I currently have found over 200 silver coins from this single park in the past 14 months....still producing, and I couldn't be more pleased! :blob1:

I would like to personally than Bob Crompton (Bullfrog) for sharing and inviting me to the giant home lot site and getting a chance to detect the area on Sunday with a bunch of S. Cal pros. Great camaraderie! :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3369_sm.jpg
    IMG_3369_sm.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_3370_sm.jpg
    IMG_3370_sm.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 802
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Congrats again Dan. The snow has melted here and the ground has begun to thaw. In fact I saw 7 Robins in my front tree today. Time to go dust off the equipment and start digging. I can't wait to start posting some finds again. Nice job again my friend. :thumbsup: jgas

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Mumble, Mumble... Grunt, Grunt... Sigh... :BangHead:

Wow, :o

Nice work as usual. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Dan, Capt SE should stand for Capt Silverhunter Extraordinaire! :thumbsup:

Jerry p.s. how bout some vids ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

And look!!!!.....He still manage's to find a few clipped coin's :o Nice going Dan :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice, shinny coins, Dan. Those marbles are cool too. Sounds like you guys had a great time. WTG and keep the silver flowing. Ron

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, re

WTG Dan,Congrats on the silver and the wheats !!!!! Looks like it is going to be another great year for you !!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

DAN YOU ARE THE MAN. YOU JUST KEPT ON FINDING SILVER. AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF. :thumbsup:

sonny61

Sep 9, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll

that's a great day WTG

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Captn, the moment you turn down a lot site is the moment you'll kick yourself later when someone else tells you what they found there. It seems that in many areas, lot sites are pretty uneven in terms of finds. Some are good, some suck. But it is true that you know at this point what to expect in your parks.

Those are some nice finds there, Dan--and I think that the button you found (the big one) is pretty darned old. There may have been a structure there before the 20s--like an old farm that was parceled out. Happened a lot in my city.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Mr. Pappagiorgio said:
seger98 said:
Wow, over 200 silver coins from a single park, how big is this park? I've got one boy scout camp that I've gotten about a 125 from, but that covers like 40 acres!

Dan is the only person in the world that is a SILVER MAGNET ...

He makes 2000 leagues under the sea look like junior achievement ...

He could finace the stimulus package with all the silver he finds ...

~ Nick ~
Don't be surprised if "The Stimulator" comes knocking to redistribute some of that wealth! In the bowels of the White House, they've taken note of your success ;D.

Big E

Jan 17, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites XLT

Nice finds Dan. You continue to pull out a lot of silver. It amazes me that as much detecting that has gone on in the past, silver continues to flow, especially with you. Keep it going! :thumbsup:

Big E

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Wow, over 200 silver coins from a single park, how big is this park? I've got one boy scout camp that I've gotten about a 125 from, but that covers like 40 acres!

Thanks, Seger! All I can say is the park is a little bigger than tiny! ;D

Jerry1NJ said:
Great finds!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jerry1NJ ! :thumbsup:

Nana40 said:
Another amazing post, Dan! :icon_pirat: And I'm still looking for my silver park. :P :D

Way to go! Nana :)

Thanks, Nana! Parks like this are very hard to find. I'm just very grateful to be living next to one! ::)

Detectingfreak said:
Looks like you had an awesome day! :) I still can't believe that you are getting silver! :) Its always a joy to see the silver that you guys get down there! Keep on hunting! Maybe you will find a gold coin one day! :)

Thanks, DF! Hey, I still can't believe I'm finding silver in the areas I worked and reworked before. A lot of coins are hiding deep in the trash layers.

kimsdad said:
WOW!!! Holy Cow!!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Neil! So when are you going to be digging your own silver so I can say, "WOW" to you? ;D

Mr. Pappagiorgio said:
seger98 said:

Dan is the only person in the world that is a SILVER MAGNET ...

He makes 2000 leagues under the sea look like junior achievement ...

He could finance the stimulus package with all the silver he finds ...

~ Nick ~

Thanks, Nick, for the accolades. I heard your first and third statements before, but your second one was new to me. ;D ;D Rock ON, buddy!! :thumbsup:

aa battery said:
you California guys always find the good stuff :thumbsup:

You mean, "We", right? :laughing3: :laughing11:

You're doing real good there, Captn. Always enjoy your posts, especially your pretty silvers.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Hope you're able to get back out there soon! :thumbsup:

Dan, you are doing very well, I can imagine what you would do in some of the old trash filled parks here in NJ. Very nice finds.
Marty

Thanks, Marty. I hope someday to make it back East to try those old trash filled parks. It would be a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

wildcatman71 said:
great finds!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, wildcatman71. Good luck to you!

I love it when I find marbles, probably a lot more out there.

Thanks, Rjw4law! Yeah, there was a lot of marbles on the ground at this site. Probably over 100 found so far.

silverfreak said:
Nice load again Dan. I bet you pull another 100 silver out of that park in the next couple of years :thumbsup:
It's supposed to be near 60 degrees here on Fri...Sat...and Sunday...yippee :wink:

Wow, Bryce, I bet 60 degree weather sounds so inviting to you right now. I bet you can't wait to give the turf a good pounding. Good luck, my friend! I'll be waiting to see what you find. :thumbsup:

Only 28 wheats this time ?? You musta been taking it easy out there.

Great hunt there Dan! Love the "Bead blasted" looking silver.

Thanks, litefire56. Yeah, I guess I slacked off on the wheats from my previous posts, huh? ;D ;D My sites are just thinning a little now.

Very nice haul!! Those are some satisfying hunts. WTG!!

Thanks, HH! Good luck to you out there! :thumbsup:

gold nuggets said:
Congratulations of a fine hunt Dan....... :thumbsup:
The sheer numbers of silver and wheat coins you recover
leave me wondering if the people down there were so rich
that they just lost coins for fun, or they had holes in their pockets!!! ;D
Either way, keep digging them and posting the finds.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks, Richard! I'm not sure if they were so rich down here at that time, but I do know we S. Cal'ers love to have big picnics...Every weekend! And we really make the most out of our parks.

You are still 'da man, Dan! Nice set of finds!

Ray

Thanks, Ray. Hope you and your Safari are making some good finds! Good luck!

Nice handfull of goodies! Shinies to boot!

Thanks, lowbatts. :thumbsup:

That's alot of silver to find in one Park my friend. Good pictures.
Chris

Hey, thanks Chris! Continued success to you! :thumbsup:

Way to go. Super nice finds as always. The flat button does look Colonial.
Dman

Thanks, Dman. Appreciate your viewpoint of my flat button! :thumbsup:

Wonderful finds! at least you can get out! Here in NC We Have been froze in for a few days! Heaters are on and a woodfires a poppin! Please send some warmth this way!

Thanks, 4-H Staff! I hope you'll be able to get out there soon and just swing your machine! Warmth is coming your way via the S. Cal jet stream! :thumbsup:

jgas said:
Congrats again Dan. The snow has melted here and the ground has begun to thaw. In fact I saw 7 Robins in my front tree today. Time to go dust off the equipment and start digging. I can't wait to start posting some finds again. Nice job again my friend. :thumbsup: jgas

Thanks, jgas! I bet you can't wait to get out there. Looking forward to your posts! Good luck, my friend! :thumbsup:

congrats on that sweet silver and
all of those wheaties...

Thanks, Allen. Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Mumble, Mumble... Grunt, Grunt... Sigh... :BangHead:

Wow, :o

Nice work as usual. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

Thanks, MUD! :thumbsup:

Ohio Jerry said:
Dan, Capt SE should stand for Capt Silverhunter Extraordinaire! :thumbsup:

Jerry p.s. how bout some vids ;D

Thanks, Jerry! My buddy who filmed all my previous vids is hasn't hunted since last June, so it's going to be near impossible to make any new vids. I won't do it myself. Dirt/mud covered hands don't go together with a high-def video camera. :'(

civilman1 said:
And look!!!!.....He still manages to find a few clipped coins :o Nice going Dan :thumbsup:

Thanks, Civil. Yep, I'm always finding the clipped ones. They're actually more challenging to find. ;D ;D

Nice, shinny coins, Dan. Those marbles are cool too. Sounds like you guys had a great time. WTG and keep the silver flowing. Ron

Thanks, Ron. Yeah, I usually don't find marbles, but at the home site, there were many on the ground.

t-bucket said:
WTG Dan,Congrats on the silver and the wheats !!!!! Looks like it is going to be another great year for you !!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! I hope you're able to get out there and make some nice finds like you always do! Good luck! :thumbsup:

kdismuke1 said:
DAN YOU ARE THE MAN. YOU JUST KEPT ON FINDING SILVER. AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF. :thumbsup:

Thanks, kdismuke1! Silver coinage is what I'm looking for, so that's what you will see the most of in my posts! Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

that's a great day WTG

Thanks, sonny61! :thumbsup:

Captn, the moment you turn down a lot site is the moment you'll kick yourself later when someone else tells you what they found there. It seems that in many areas, lot sites are pretty uneven in terms of finds. Some are good, some suck. But it is true that you know at this point what to expect in your parks.

Those are some nice finds there, Dan--and I think that the button you found (the big one) is pretty darned old. There may have been a structure there before the 20s--like an old farm that was parceled out. Happened a lot in my city.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks, Buckles! Yeah, that's why I went. An 1818 large cent was found just across the street from where I found my flat button just a couple days earlier. What a surprise that was to find. We thought the coin was probably dropped out of someones coin collection, but now with my flat button find just across the street, I'm starting to think something was there before the 20'-30's homes were built. An old farm is a definite possibility.

Don't be surprised if "The Stimulator" comes knocking to redistribute some of that wealth! In the bowels of the White House, they've taken note of your success.

No, not "The Stimulator" :sad1: :boxing: They ought to be paying me instead. I have placed over thirty thousand coins back into circulation in the past 2 years. :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang:
Thanks, Henry!

Big E said:
Nice finds Dan. You continue to pull out a lot of silver. It amazes me that as much detecting that has gone on in the past, silver continues to flow, especially with you. Keep it going! :thumbsup:

Big E

Thanks, Big E. Patience and determination to never give up on an area you have previously found silver at is the key to finding more silver in your pounded sites. :thumbsup:

R

robbuckalew

Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, re

Nice finds...love the marbles. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread