What's new

Silver Pendent has me guessing.

Jaws2

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
408
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
I just spent one hour at the beach after the storm let up, found this old pedent stamped 925, nice heavy piece of silver but have no idea what it represents?
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    93.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    128.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 288
Is it marked .925 or just 925? Starting in 1904 silver was marked .925 In 1973 the decimal point was dropped. It has a tribal/surfer look to me. Cool find! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Is it marked .925 or just 925? Starting in 1904 silver was marked .925 In 1973 the decimal point was dropped. It has a tribal/surfer look to me. Cool find! Breezie

I have added a picture showing the 925, not sure if it is 925 or .925

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
I can't tell whether the decimal point is there or not, but I definitely think it is a 'tribal' symbol, which has been around from Bibical times to modern day. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Oh, okay, it's an Om, the Hinduism & Buddhism symbol, which explains why it wasn't easy for me since I'm a Christian. It's still a neat find bigp2, and being silver makes it even better; way to go! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom