SILVER X 6 today !! ( & lied to the police ...... )

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
SILVER X 6 today !! ( & lied to the police ...... )

hhhmmmmmmm ... where do I start ? Just got back from 3 hours of sweating my butt off ( though after checking in the mirror, I see it is somehow still there !! )? :D ........................ While driving around the area last night, I noticed an old property I had previously detected, had been apparently sold, as it is being razed for construction for new houses ( or so it seems ). What really gave me the "goosebumps' though, was seeing where an old storage shed that I could not get to on the property previously because of years of growth surrounding it, had ALSO been dozed !!

6 A.M. this morning, i am GONE ......guess I don't have to tell you where to..... ::)

While detecting a likely area, the local Police stopped by & asked if I had any "luck". I just said my "Howdies" and replied "Not what I had hoped for". ( We have SEVERAL officers on the local department, but it is usually the SAME ONE who always seems to be driving by when i am out detecting in plain sight .... me thinks he owns a detector too !!? ;) )

Guess you want me to get to the "Silver" part, huh ? 1938 Walking Liberty 50 Cent, 1952 Franklin 50 Cent ( My FIRST ONE !! ), 1953 Washington 25 Cent ( 2nd one of those in a week ), 2 Roosevelt 10 Cent ( 1946-D, 1959 ) and a nice Mercury 10 Cent ( 1936-D ). PICTURES will be up soon, as they are still soaking.

Needless to say .... i am "Happier than a kitten following a leaky cow"? ;D

Oh yeah .... and i really did NOT lie to the Police when I said "Not what I had hoped for". I was "HOPING" for a mason jar full of silver !!

;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Re: SILVER X 6 today !! ( & lied to the police ...... )

Here you go ...... guess where i am going BACK to in the morning ? ;)

md4.jpg

md4a.jpg

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's

very nice silver digs!beautiful coins.congrats

peace,bigrig

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great digs, WTG expesially the 36 dime and the 59 dime!

Keep @ it and HH!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice coins,

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Mississippi! Not much more diggin and that jar will be full!!! :o Wow!!! Great finds!!!

Congrats!!!

;)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most excellent!! A great silver day.WTG!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;) Makes all the sweating worth it,huh? :)Nice coins-H.H.-diggummup

S

skydiv

I ordered an ace 250 with hopes of finding a 1/2 dollar brfore the season is over.

tb

Mar 24, 2005

Nice finds! Keep us updated...

tb

M

mchamby

Great looking silver they don't even look like they ever had dirt on them, I would definately hit the area for another round. HH
Mchamby

F

Floater

WoW !! Looks like you could back the truck up and just load silver all day from there. Nice Spot and Nice diggin.HH

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS

Well .... pardon the expression ..... CHIT !!

Went back to my new honey hole this morning only to find not 1, not 2, but 3 GUYS swinging detectors working the property !! ( & these guys were swinging DFXs & XLTs, so they were serious. :'( I kind of wanted to try the perverbial "Gee guys, I was here first" on them, but I knew the cop had tipped them off and would have gotten "Not today, you weren't" answer. >:(

Guess I will be happy with my haul of yesterday, let these jokers run their high-end machines till they drop, and go back some other time with my ACE 250 and dig anything they might have missed. I certainly AM happy with what I pulled out of there, and hope to get at least 1 or 2 more soon.

Oh ... I forgot to mention yesterday that in addition to all the Silver, I nailed 6 wheaties dating back to 1937-S.

;D

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Next time the cop stops by, show him everything you found and maybe he'll think you've gotten it all already. Maybe when you said it wasn't what you had hoped he saw through that... Hard to say.

Very nice coins by the way! I would love to find a Franklin Half!

Dudes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread