What's new

Simon Pure--Tobacco?? Not tobacco--LARD

Charmin

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at an estate sale yesterday. I have looked on ebay and all I can find for "Simon Pure" is beer stuff.
The pin says: YOU WANT TO BE SURE TO BUY "SIMON PURE" 100% LEAF.
That "100% Leaf" makes me think this might be a tobacco advertising pin?? Has anyone heard of Simon Pure tobacco? and if so, what years was is produced?
The back of the pin also has the words: Parisian Novelty Co., Chicago.
Thanks for looking and any help you might have!!!
regards~~sandcreek
 

Attachments

  • P1100002.webp
    P1100002.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 473
  • P1090997.webp
    P1090997.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 458
  • P1090998.webp
    P1090998.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 490
thrillathahunt said:
....and why would anyone actually wear that pin anyway?
Why a lard salesman of course! :laughing7: Once upon a time lard was big business-
 

Attachments

  • lard2.webp
    lard2.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 278
  • lard.webp
    lard.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0
Ugh! Way to early in the morning to be catching up on this thread. I'm gonna have to eat a salad with just a touch of olive oil to get over this. Leaf lard, who knew? Well someone on this forum of course. I should start a list with all the new things I learn here.

naturegirl
(ugh)
 
Upvote 0
Anybody remember the episode of The Little Rascals where Stymie was eating the big bucket of what he called "ain't ice cream'?
 

Attachments

  • acbf828fd7a0e3631b17f010_L__SL500_AA280_.webp
    acbf828fd7a0e3631b17f010_L__SL500_AA280_.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0
I use to work with a guy who started out his early employment as a pastry cook. We were police dispatchers at the time and he use to bake pies and bring them to work to share with the other dispatchers. He used lard in his pie crusts and I have to admit they were the flakiest and best tasting pastries I ever ate. Unfortunately he later had to have open heart surgery to unclog all his arteries from eating all that lard! But last time I talked to him he was still alive and in his eighties. I grew up eating lard 'cause Dad always had a hog he butchered and we had plenty of lard to make soap and to cook with. I have 3 heart stents and a very large descending aorta stent to show for it! I suppose you can eat lard or anything in moderation, but I have always wondered why everything that is really good is bad for you? M :dontknow: nty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom