What's new

Sister Gold

artyfacts

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
3
Location
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still in disbelief finding sister gold miles away from my first gold coin five weeks ago. Same denomination, same year. I was hunting a new site that my friend invited me to hunt. I was there fifteen minutes, and it was like the first time. I kicked a shovel full of dirt to the side of the hole and a flash of yellow flew into the pile. I was like no way, cant be, and sure enough there she was peeking out of the pile, again. I called my friend over and told him to hold out his hand, well he let out a, NO Way!!!, that rang across the field. We hunted two hours into total darkness, neither of us wanting to stop. With all the new properties coming our way, this is going to be one heck of a year.
 

Attachments

  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 721
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 700
  • 20160203_114416-crop.webp
    20160203_114416-crop.webp
    285.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 20160203_114818-crop.webp
    20160203_114818-crop.webp
    144.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 20160203_115123-crop.webp
    20160203_115123-crop.webp
    155.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 20160114_231214-crop.webp
    20160114_231214-crop.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20160202_170250-crop.webp
    20160202_170250-crop.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 253
  • sister.webp
    sister.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Upvote 66
Amazing coin. Still waiting for one myself.
 
Damn you Artyfacts!!!! Another one....come on bro. You're just showing off now. All I want is one. Is wanting a Brasher Doubloon asking for too much 8-)
 
So....uh... yeah. You know you've had a great day digging when the argument comes down to whether or not the better coin found is a 1 dollar gold piece or a 1794 large cent.

I'm in awe of everything you found! Congrats! Thanks for sharing a truly amazing hunt.
 
I heard somewhere that good things come in threes..... just waiting for the other shoe to fall huh

Great job on the finds!
Congrats on the sister!

Thanks Ironhorse, looking forward to the other shoe fall.
 
Last edited:
Not a bad start into the year! Big congrats!
 
OK Art, no more gold coins for you until I dig one! Which means you may never dig another - :laughing7:

Nice hunt, love the condition of that Naval button. Not so much the condition of your Liberty Cap unfortunately.

Going back to the field tomorrow. The race is on bud... Your right, Liberty Cap crap. Golds coming your way.
 
Wow, just wow!
 
Damn you Artyfacts!!!! Another one....come on bro. You're just showing off now. All I want is one. Is wanting a Brasher Doubloon asking for too much 8-)

No your not asking allot so here is a pic of a Brash Baboon for you.
 

Attachments

  • th-crop.webp
    th-crop.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 68
very nice finds
 
Awesome Gold find! I also love the 1794 cap liberty cent, my favorite copper coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom