What's new

Skull ??

chicepo

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Calabash, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found is skull along the bank of a tidal river. I looked it up on line, but can't determin just what it is. It looks to be canine but the closest on line says Bobcat. any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Skull 001.webp
    Skull 001.webp
    21 KB · Views: 567
  • Skull 002.webp
    Skull 002.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Skull 003.webp
    Skull 003.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 548
  • Skull 004.webp
    Skull 004.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 560
  • Skull 005.webp
    Skull 005.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 555
Hard to say but I would bet dog or fox :thumbsup:Its not a bobcat,there face is more blunt
 
Upvote 0
Hard to tell the size. Is that a penny? My first thought was dog.
 
Upvote 0
Get-er-Dug said:
Sorry! skull is 4" long and 2-1/2" wide.
Well that rules out coyote
 
Upvote 0
baby coyote / young critter --small size might not be a adult -- young fox is possible as well
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
baby coyote / young critter --small size might not be a adult -- young fox is possible as well
Its not a young/juvenile of any species as the canine teeth are fully developed :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
i think Oldsledz has it. It looks very much like a small Red Fox Skull.
 
Upvote 0
definitely smaller canine breed probably fox... possibly Chupacabra :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • 641839_texas_chupacabra.webp
    641839_texas_chupacabra.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0
Sorry to myth bust but that is a coyote with mange :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Sorry to myth bust but that is a coyote with mange :thumbsup:
I have killed a many a coyote but never did one have the teeth that one has... I saw a video off of sheriff's dash cam that looked like whats in the pic....
 
Upvote 0
I say Beagle skull.
 
Upvote 0
Gonehunting said:
kuger said:
Sorry to myth bust but that is a coyote with mange :thumbsup:
I have killed a many a coyote but never did one have the teeth that one has... I saw a video off of sheriff's dash cam that looked like whats in the pic....

I am not going to hijack his thread :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
very similar features of my ex wife
Brady

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaa! Brady, I'm going to have to speak to you. I was having some orange juice, and had just taken a swallow, when I read your post . . .now most of it is on my computer monitor! :laughing7: Toooooo funny, Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom