What's new

Skunked.....but managed a ring anyways.

Hag730

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
620
Reaction score
398
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted for four hours today and pretty much got skunked....except for a junk earring and some clad. I did manage to finish this little project today. The first significant find I ever made with a metal detector was a 1926 Standing Liberty quarter. The coin was in pretty ruff shape, so I decided to turn it into a silver ring for the wife. Good luck out there....

Quarter ring.webp
 
Upvote 0
dang that looks pretty cool, let me know if you lose it : )
 
Cool find!! I'd like to find that under my detector!!
 
Nice, I like it, I've been thinking of what I could do with the cheap silver rings I've found
 
That's too cool! I've seen other "coin rings" and always wondered how it's done.
 
I assume it is a "spoon ring". A friend in college took a silver quarter and a stainless steel teaspoon. Constant tapping of the rounded inside of the spoon on the quarter flattened it out, then cut out the middle. Cool find. HH, Papa
 
I assume it is a "spoon ring". A friend in college took a silver quarter and a stainless steel teaspoon. Constant tapping of the rounded inside of the spoon on the quarter flattened it out, then cut out the middle. Cool find. HH, Papa

No spoon, I used a hammer. Geesh, a spoon would take forever???
 
I made several when i was in the Navy. Beat on the quarter with a spoon then drill and file. All the guys used to make them for their girl friends.
 
Impressive workmanship, Hag! :hello2:

Lorraine
 
Outside looks awesome! Inside looks like it would cut your finger to the bone in about a week. Lol
 
Outside looks awesome! Inside looks like it would cut your finger to the bone in about a week. Lol

Polished the inside with a dremel......had to do a little at a time, ring gets hot.
 
That's no skunk to me!! Good find! Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom