What's new

sliver of silver?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing I think this COULD possibly be is a piece of a reale? It rang up on my x-70 as a solid 38, is it possible that is what it is? I fould it in a farmers field where a 1 room school used to be
 

Attachments

  • S6303778.webp
    S6303778.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 440
  • S6303779.webp
    S6303779.webp
    107.7 KB · Views: 446
  • S6303780.webp
    S6303780.webp
    113.5 KB · Views: 440
  • S6303781.webp
    S6303781.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 445
i think it's cool that some of the detail is visible on the part left from the rough cut. (picture 3 anyway to see what i mean)
 
Upvote 0
am I imagining things, or is there a "88" on the piece?
 

Attachments

  • S6303800.webp
    S6303800.webp
    16 KB · Views: 235
  • S6303801.webp
    S6303801.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
am I imagining things, or is there a "88" on the piece?

yeap, 1788
 
Upvote 0
but wouldn't the date be on other side of piece? if it is matched up like the above photo?
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
but wouldn't the date be on other side of piece? if it is matched up like the above photo?
:icon_scratch: 88 either way is 88
 
Upvote 0
what I mean is it was matched up on the face side of the reale, right? then that side should be the one with the date, not the other side of piece? Am I making sense?
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
what I mean is it was matched up on the face side of the reale, right? then that side should be the one with the date, not the other side of piece? Am I making sense?
I understand. IMO we dont have an ID. Its probably 1788 and cut from a colonial coin but I dont know which one. :dontknow: We have 88 on one side and 00 on the other. Take a pic of a worn down reale and try to match it to the backside.
 
Upvote 0
I don't have any worn down reales to take a pic of
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
I don't have any worn down reales to take a pic of
I meant to say search for a pic on line and take it and try to match your coin sliver to it. I dont have time right now sorry..
 
Upvote 0
I wish I had a Reale, period. than I wouldn't be so jealous of somebody that has a part of one LOL
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom