What's new

✅ SOLVED Small circle tray with fish art

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Cleaned it up and reveled the fish. I think it’s a trout. It has two holes in the top. Ashtray or Christmas tree ornament? What do you guys think it could be? Found at 1930s homesite. There are no markings or stamp anywhere. It is copper.
 

Attachments

  • DCD3208F-3F4A-42FA-BA6B-BBF839D78300.webp
    DCD3208F-3F4A-42FA-BA6B-BBF839D78300.webp
    639.6 KB · Views: 203
  • B7D63CF3-9A39-44CB-97FB-BD6998E4BD34.webp
    B7D63CF3-9A39-44CB-97FB-BD6998E4BD34.webp
    282.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 8E5292E4-2E0E-4249-96A8-68EDF6818D47.webp
    8E5292E4-2E0E-4249-96A8-68EDF6818D47.webp
    328.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I’d guess a bowl for a person eating fish. They could put any small bones in it. The holes may have held a small handle. Wild guess! Good luck Nathan.
 
Upvote 2
I’d guess a bowl for a person eating fish. They could put any small bones in it. The holes may have held a small handle. Wild guess! Good luck Nathan.
Something like this.
Maybe what a person would give to s buddy to cook up his 4"fish.😆
s-l1600.webp
 
Upvote 6
Cleaned it up and reveled the fish. I think it’s a trout. It has two holes in the top. Ashtray or Christmas tree ornament? What do you guys think it could be? Found at 1930s homesite. There are no markings or stamp anywhere. It is copper.
I think it's a souvenir ashtray. It supposed to look like a frying pan with a fish in it. The two holes are where the handle was once mounted. 1950's.

s-l1600.jpg
 
Upvote 6
I does appear to have the kind of construction you would see for a frying pan. Given the size, might it actually be a toy/doll-play item?
 
Upvote 0
I think it's a souvenir ashtray. It supposed to look like a frying pan with a fish in it. The two holes are where the handle was once mounted. 1950's.

s-l1600.jpg
Could very well be that.👍🏼
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom