What's new

Small Metal Crown with I O I and cross on it

Unclebakon

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 13, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small Metal Crown

3 inches in width by 1 1/2 Inches tall

Possibly Silver

Roses Surrounding a Cross

I O I raised writing on it

Found at an old home site possibly late 1800s or early 1900s
 

Attachments

  • WIN_20190601_15_11_51_Pro.webp
    WIN_20190601_15_11_51_Pro.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 105
Maybe this:
The Independent Order of Immaculates (or IOI) started in Nashville in 1872 as a successor to the Young Men’s Immaculate Association which had organized in 1868. The Immaculates allowed both men and women to join their lodges. Like other benevolent groups, the Immaculates offered sickness, accident and disability benefits to its members. Unlike other groups that began in Tennessee, the Independent Order of Immaculates grew to become a national organization. By 1907, there were lodges of the Independent Order of Immaculates in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, Kansas, Arkansas, Texas, and Ohio.
Don......

PS: Welcome to Treasurenet from SoCal.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess it must be a secret! Invisible ink and all?
 
Upvote 0
Reappearing ink: (how post #2 should have been seen)
The independent Order of Immaculates (or IOI) started in Nashville in 1872 as a successor to the Young Men’s Immaculate Association which had organized in 1868. The Immaculates allowed both men and women to join their lodges. Like other benevolent groups, the Immaculates offered sickness, accident and disability benefits to its members. Unlike other groups that began in Tennessee, the Independent Order of Immaculates grew to become a national organization. By 1907, there were lodges of the Independent Order of Immaculates in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, Kansas, Arkansas, Texas, and Ohio.
Don.....
 
Upvote 0
Thank you very much. I have reached out.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Great id and great piece
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom