What's new

So far this is one of the better sites

Melissa Archibald

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at one site online where all they did was try and tell me how my bounty hunter quick draw 2 wouldn't find anything and I need a more expensive detector that they sold and I won't mention the name of the site but I mentioned it in the forum that that is what they were doing and they banned me.
 
Some people are "Detector Snoobs" ....don`t let them get to you and have fun ...your Bounty Hunter will find the good stuff..location...location...location HH. Gary
 
I was at one site online where all they did was try and tell me how my bounty hunter quick draw 2 wouldn't find anything and I need a more expensive detector that they sold and I won't mention the name of the site but I mentioned it in the forum that that is what they were doing and they banned me.

You'll find plenty of the same type of posters here. Some people just crave attention, I guess. Just try to take the good and leave the bad.
 
Ask away on this forum - People have their opinions, and that's fine - just take what you can. Lot's of great information and people on TN!!
 
The secret is take NOTHING personal. If it works for you......USE IT!!


Welcome here by the way!


GOD Bless

Chris
 
Hello Melissa. Some people are silly.:hello:
 
As long as you get the coil over it your good! It has more to do with the operator knowing their machine than anything.
 
Scott were you ever in Upstate NY? your name seems familiar?
 
Hello again Melissa.
Old Silver hit the nail on the head. Many of the same here. But... most will be tolerated, unless outright personal or defamatory comments are said with overly negative intent. As it should be on any site.
Initially, after "trolling" other sites, I realized TNet is is the best, most informative and most respected THing site.
I only post and inquire here.
GL
Peace ✌
 
Welcome and great hunting Melissa. I look forward to seeing your finds and as we say here in Texas and the south(concerning detectors and everything else) "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Your detector is fine and the treasures await you...
 
The more you use your detector, the better you will get with it. If you use it and understand it, you will outdo someone with a high price detector, that doesn't know how to use it. Good hunting to you.
 
T-net is the best and has great members who will help anyone with the information they need without prejudice.
 
Hang in there Melissa. The person that knows their Bounty Hunter and where to detect has an advantage over someone with a $1,400 detector that they don't understand.
 
Your post is not saying what you are hunting or with what. I guess I'm a 'snob'. I want the best when I go out. Bottom line of this is know your detector and learn and use it. I live in the west and hunt mineralized ground, I hunt gold nuggets. Their BS prices suck, but their machines have been very good to me. I use Minelab. Prices suck big time, but they pay their way plus.
Good Luck, Shep
 
Jeff you know what trolling is...

actually I didn't until I just googled it.
I sincerely thought I was injecting some fun and humor. My apologies.
Guess I'm too old for this internet stuff
 
That's 2 minutes and 41 seconds I'll never be able to get back!
 
Welcome to TNet, Melissa. I bought my first Bounty Hunter detector, an 840 Automatic, in 1980. I still have it. I don't get out too much now because of age and health; but when I do, I still use the 840. I have a Tracker II D, a Tracker IV, and a Lone Star Bounty Hunter detectors. I recently bought another 840 from a pawn shop (online) in Louisiana. I really like 'em!
Hope you find a lot of goodies and enjoy TNet as much as I do.
 
Don't worry about what other people think of your detector. As long as you have fun when you go out that is all that matters. I never understood the air of superiority some people in this hobby have. I use an old detector, paid $225 for it. It finds anything the high dollar new machines find. The key is getting the coil over it and understanding what the machine tells you. Bragging about the detector you use, to make someone feel bad, is like claiming to be the nerdiest nerd.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom