What's new

So if a guy took a trip down south this winter...

Capone

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
299
Reaction score
1,029
Golden Thread
0
Location
MINNESOTA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Minnesota. We got 4 inches of snow today, and winter is just about here.

I want to take at least 1 trip down south, or at least to diggable climate, and hunt.

Does anybody have advice on a place I could go that is public but where I would have some luck?
 
If I were you, I'd be thinking Beach Trip. How far south did you have in mind?
 
If I were you, I'd be thinking Beach Trip. How far south did you have in mind?

Any distance, really. Can't beaches be hit and miss? And I have an AT pro, which isn't the best salt water unit. I think I'd rather go to a large park with some history that hasn't been too over hunted.
 
Paid hunting in Charleston SC is an option. I have done it. Found a little bit but honestly I didn’t try hard enough.
 
Any distance, really. Can't beaches be hit and miss? And I have an AT pro, which isn't the best salt water unit. I think I'd rather go to a large park with some history that hasn't been too over hunted.

my friend, everything is hit and miss
 
Paid hunting in Charleston SC is an option. I have done it. Found a little bit but honestly I didn’t try hard enough.

Thank you. I will check that out.

Edit: heck I'd pay somebody here a bit of cash if they put me on a spot they feel honestly decent about.
 
nothing beats beach hunting ( unless Smokey invites you to hunt)
found my only gold so far on a beach in feb
 
Come on down to Ky. i will give you a payed hunt, almost guarantee you will find more zinc jar lids then you will ever want and horse shoe nails ,o did i mention jar lids:laughing7:
 
I used the AT PRO for a few years. I will tell you that salt water and the PRO don't get along.
Think,, Campgrounds that are Metal Detector Friendly.
Virginia and south. I used the Excalibur in a wet suit in chest deep water in western Florida, (Gulf Coast), for 2 weeks. (Christmas and New Years.)
It got down to 65°F on some of those days.
 
Just head south and when you have to take off your jacket you know you're there.
 
Well if I were you and I might be because winters in Salmon Idaho aren't Metal detector Friendly, I would hit the smaller towns where it's warm of coarse and just make a meandering trip out of it. Those smaller towns may have some older parks and fair grounds that might not have been hit that hard. Remember think outside the box you'll be surprised what you'll find. Safe travels..
 
Florida Panhandle or Alabama Gulf Coast. I use the AT Pro on the beach in both dry and wet sand and have never had an issue, when ground balancing I lower the sensitive two to three bars do auto ground balance around 12 then manually lower to say 8 or 9 and turn the sensitive back up to full or one bar below.
 
He will be met by many people telling him to go back home.
 
Along rural back roads in SC. Just stay away from historical markers and off private property. Quiet on a Sunday. Do some door knocking M-F or go to one of the beaches. I would find a hotel near all of the above and wing it.
 
Along rural back roads in SC. Just stay away from historical markers and off private property. Quiet on a Sunday. Do some door knocking M-F or go to one of the beaches. I would find a hotel near all of the above and wing it.

Thanks my man!

Edit: do you mean like literally along the ditches of dirt roads?
 
He will be met by many people telling him to go back home.
Lot of Fla. guys wanted me to go back home after this trip - best trip for gold I ever had - 4 days of hunting - got just as much silver too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom