What's new

So This Happened Today......

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, a little back story. I hurt my back a couple weeks ago and have been seeing a chiropractor to get straightened up. Monday before last on my visit one of the ladies that works there sees my Arrowhead on my Necklace and proceeded to tell her ex husband had collected and that he had recently passed away. I asked his name and it turned out to be someone I knew and that I was unaware he had passed and that I was sorry for her loss. She then tells me that she had obtained some his artifacts after he passed because his family didn't really want any. She had since given some to his brother who decided he like to have some and had sold some pieces. I ask her what she had and she brings in two really nice Axes and some pictures of some Celts and Points on my next visit. I asked if she wanted to sell them and she said she would but she wasn't sure what they were worth. I was 100% honest with her and told the two Axes would probably fetch between $175 to $200 at auction and maybe more if a bidding war occurred. I also told her that I would love to have them but couldn't afford those prices. We talked a little more and I gave her my number and told her to call if shed like to sell them.

So, today my phone rings while I'm at work and when I answered it was her. She asked if I was still interested in them and I said sure, so we made arrangements for me to go look at them. Most of the Points were fairly common and I wish I would have taken a picture but I forgot. I didn't buy any of those. I did however get most of the Hardstone pieces she had. She kept one nice Celt because she was with her ex when he found it. All of these were his personal finds and mostly local. The one 3/4 Groove is marked Lincoln county Ky. The others aren't marked but she believes they are all Scioto county Ohio. We came to a price we both agreed on and I came home some killer Hardstone artifacts. I guess if I can't find any here I can buy some as I can. lol

Here is a picture of everything and then some of the two Axesand the Celts. Both of these Axes are just choice. The only damage I can see is where she had them in a box and they banged against each other. Both are 3/4 Grooved.
 

Attachments

  • Kleinman Hardstone (11).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (11).webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Kleinman Hardstone (14).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (14).webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Kleinman Hardstone (53).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (53).webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Kleinman Hardstone (56).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (56).webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Kleinman Hardstone (59).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (59).webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Kleinman Hardstone (66).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (66).webp
    54 KB · Views: 125
  • Kleinman Hardstone (79).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (79).webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Kleinman Hardstone (82).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (82).webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Kleinman Hardstone (86).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (86).webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Kleinman Hardstone (90).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (90).webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Kleinman Hardstone (16).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (16).webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Kleinman Hardstone (23).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (23).webp
    10 KB · Views: 110
  • Kleinman Hardstone (26).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (26).webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Kleinman Hardstone (29).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (29).webp
    27 KB · Views: 123
  • Kleinman Hardstone (32).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (32).webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Kleinman Hardstone (38).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (38).webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Kleinman Hardstone (41).webp
    Kleinman Hardstone (41).webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: That is quite a nice buy. They sure look like they are pretty decent condition.
 
Beautiful artifacts, would you consider these to be Ft Ancient?
 
There is a lot of beauty in those pieces. I'm glad they found their way to you.
 
Man O Man did you do good, that is a killer group.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
Beautiful artifacts, would you consider these to be Ft Ancient?

No, much older. The Axes are most likely Late Archaic to Early Woodland. The Celts could be a new as Ft Ancient, but they too are most likely the same age as the Axes.
 
Wow talk about right place at the right time, lucky you.
 
Very nice pieces now you have to shell out some $ to get a case. Hard stone cases arent cheap. But would be worth it cause those are FINE
 
Very nice pieces now you have to shell out some $ to get a case. Hard stone cases arent cheap. But would be worth it cause those are FINE

I have a 4 foot showcase that I just emptied and I am probably going to put all my Stone Tools in that. If not that, then in a curio cabinet.
 
Way to go Steve! Some great pieces there!

Nice haul!!
 
Art meets function. Some great pieces.
Kudo's for not ganking her on them.
 
Art meets function. Some great pieces.
Kudo's for not ganking her on them.

I was completely honest with her and told her she could probably get a lot more if she auctioned them off but she decided she would rather I have them since she knew I would keep them.
 
All beauties, but that first celt is a smoker!
 
Some nice hardstone...
 
Great additions to your collection grim congrats, those are really nice to say the least!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom