So, What goodies do you take to your banks? Heres what I bring mine.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So, What goodies do you take to your banks? Here's what I bring mine.

So, I bring things into my dump and pickup banks every so often, just to keep the ladies happy. This is what I made ( 2 of these trays) and brought to todays dump bank. Lets see some of the things you guys and gals bring in to yours. I've made 4 batches of these this week. Thanks for looking, and good luck to everyone hunting today! Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5437.JPG
    DSCN5437.JPG
    652 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Pizza. Haha. I order pizza once or twice a month to my Pickup bank. My dump bank has a reason there my dump bank. Being extremely rude to me, no problem hope you dont mind carrying 45 pound bags of dead weight coins to the counter.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Since my Grandma is the head teller at my bank, and my cousin works there aswell, just some chocolates on mothers day, christmas, other holidays. :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to be safe and give them sealed food like a tin of butter cookies once every few months, and a special gift for my weekly order bank, they get christmas tree ornaments.
HH
Buff

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dump bank has a reason there my dump bank. Being extremely rude to me, no problem hope you dont mind carrying 45 pound bags of dead weight coins to the counter.

And you wonder why they are "rude" to you.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Since my Grandma is the head teller at my bank, and my cousin works there aswell, just some chocolates on mothers day, christmas, other holidays. :)

Man, you have some good hookups at your bank there, I guess you don't have to smoozsh them as much then like I do. If I had some family working at a bank I would be doing as much searching as I could. Thanks for looking Wickaboag. Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Pizza. Haha. I order pizza once or twice a month to my Pickup bank. My dump bank has a reason there my dump bank. Being extremely rude to me, no problem hope you dont mind carrying 45 pound bags of dead weight coins to the counter.

I have some ladies that don't particularly like to deal with my 2 boxes when I bring them in but, there are others there ( younger girls) that are allways nice and willing to deal with me, so, I figure, if I'm more "the guy who brings in goodies", instead of "the guy who brings in those darn coins", it would be a better dump experience for all of us involved. I don't dump in bags yet, I reroll, so I'm linited to how much I can bring in at once, and they don't like dealing with the boxes of rerolled coins to much. Thanks for looking, Maverick.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Yeah I think I'll make some cookies or something for all of my banks, dumps and pick up ones. Maybe I can get on the dump banks better side. I never thought about giving them some treats thanks for the idea!

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I made some ham egg and cheese croissants and some roasted potatoes and took them to one of my dump banks for breakfast last week (there's only 3 people that work in the branch). Another bank that orders for me I made some orange cranberry cookies for.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna do it. I just made a dump at a bank and a lady I never seen before helped me and was not happy I think some treats will change her tune. How can you get mad at someone holding cookies in there hand, even if the other hand is a 30 lb bag of halves ......

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'm going to make some chocolate covered pretzels, cupcakes, or cookies. (I might steal the chocolate covered strawberry idea :laughing7: )

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
I only give candy to 2 Dump Banks. I do not give anything (except being very nice) to pickup banks as I feel they are nowhere near as important as dump banks.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I only give candy to 2 Dump Banks. I do not give anything (except being very nice) to pickup banks as I feel they are nowhere near as important as dump banks.

Yes, I agree with you to a certain extent, it depends on your situation, some people on here have a harder time finding someone to order them halves and some not as much. In my situation, my main bank told me that it cost them too much money to keep ordering me 2 boxes a week but, since I was a valued customer, ie- was nice, brought them goodies, ect. that they would keep ordering me 2 boxes, but only every 2 weeks. I have other banks too that keep ordering me coins because I bring them something every now and then ( not only because of that, but it helps). One vault teller collects Iks, so I bring her a couple every now and then when I pick them up from another bank, and she will order me what ever I want.

I also take the time to talk to the banks Manager and tell them that I appreciate their service and commend the employes that help me out in each branch, ecspecially the vault tellers, and I find that with those little extra things they over look the inconvenience I may cause them by ordering halves and doing my hobby. In the end it cost them extra money to order us halves everyweek. I know everyone will argue that and say " Well I pay my mortage with them, or have a savings or IRA so they make money off of me" and blah blah blah, well, I have all those too and was still told that only every 2 weeks for my orders. Why are people begining to be charged to order these coins now, or being told they can't order anymore? Because it costs them money. In the end it just depends on a persons situation, for me, it helps to support both dump and pick up banks, but I think the pick up banks are important too, not as much as a dump bank, but still pretty important.

Most all banks will take your dumps if you have an account to deposit it in, whether it's rolled or bagged, but not all will order you half dollars. Just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to one. Thanks for looking, HH. Maverick.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I give gifts once a year. Used to be more often, then a few years ago, I thought, well - I'm not gettin much, have they caught on? I buy mostly cwr dimes and some halves, I know all the tellers have been through the bags at some point in time, and they quiz me on silver at times, I just play dumb. I still find lots of dimes but the halves are slim.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions