Well, after 11 months at this hobby, I finally got my first solid roll of halves. My journey consisted of 10 banks on Saturday morning including:
1 - a heated face to face argument with a B of A parking lot security guard at bank one who made my dad move the car out of the lot ( what is a bank doing with parking security ?)
2- plenty of rain
3 - a teller at bank 9 who claimed to have plenty of halves only to return from the vault to advise that he only had dollars
I finally pull into bank 10, by this time i'm pretty soaked. It was an HSBC. I ask the young teller for halves and she says she has none as she fingers some presidentials in her tray and says just these dollars. But then she pauses for a moment and asks how much do you want ? She then reaches into a draw and pulls out an envelope and says I forgot that I even had these. In the envelope there are 9 loose Ikes and 19 loose clad halves and 2 rolls of halves. Just the halves I tell her. I can see that all the loose halves are clad, but I take them of course. Now the rolls are bank rolls with open ends and I can see that one halve is silver. I check the other three ends on the wet walk back to the car and they too are silver. They are all 67's. Waited till I got home to open these bad boys with dad who had split after bank 7. Both rolls solid silver - 40 1967 Kens ! The rolls were falling apart with a bit of tape but were original rolls from 42 years ago. Needless to say I was stoked. It was the persistence that yielded the score.
1 - a heated face to face argument with a B of A parking lot security guard at bank one who made my dad move the car out of the lot ( what is a bank doing with parking security ?)
2- plenty of rain
3 - a teller at bank 9 who claimed to have plenty of halves only to return from the vault to advise that he only had dollars
I finally pull into bank 10, by this time i'm pretty soaked. It was an HSBC. I ask the young teller for halves and she says she has none as she fingers some presidentials in her tray and says just these dollars. But then she pauses for a moment and asks how much do you want ? She then reaches into a draw and pulls out an envelope and says I forgot that I even had these. In the envelope there are 9 loose Ikes and 19 loose clad halves and 2 rolls of halves. Just the halves I tell her. I can see that all the loose halves are clad, but I take them of course. Now the rolls are bank rolls with open ends and I can see that one halve is silver. I check the other three ends on the wet walk back to the car and they too are silver. They are all 67's. Waited till I got home to open these bad boys with dad who had split after bank 7. Both rolls solid silver - 40 1967 Kens ! The rolls were falling apart with a bit of tape but were original rolls from 42 years ago. Needless to say I was stoked. It was the persistence that yielded the score.
Upvote
0







