What's new

Solid silver dime roll...with a question to you experts

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
No customer halves again at the banks I was checking today. Only had time to hit four. So instead I got $150 in dimes, $380 in quarters and $60 in nickels. I managed a 1963 silver Washington quarter, a nice handful of pre-1960 nicks (not one single war) and a doozy of a dime roll. The dime roll looked very normal and not old at all. But it contained 50 1962 Roosevelts. They were a variety of conditions and appear to have been collected.

So here's my thinking: someone who turns in a solid roll of '62's must have some rolls of other years hanging around as well. What do you guys think? Tomorrow I'm going back to clean them out of hand rolled dimes and a few hundred in quarters just in case. It also turns out they had 20 rolls of customer wrapped halves in the vault that they could not access as the vault teller was at lunch.

I'll update you tomorrow on my finds.

OWS
 
Upvote 0
awesome! yes buy them out of everything!
 
Score - be there when they open!

Maine_Jim
 
Good score on the dime roll :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Go back and buy up all the dimes and quarters. Also hit the same branch banks in that town. I hit a couple of rolls of bens and walkers that were marked and dated. I hit another branch of the same bank in that town and found the same marked solid rolls. Got them the following week as well.
Good luck
Rich
 
Of course we would love to see pictures as well! Great score :headbang:
 
I think maybe a kid got a hand into dad's silver stash. Who knows?
After searching thousands of hand rolled dimes after a couple years, I have yet to find a solid silver roll.....never say never, and yes, buy up all that bank's change. ffd
 
Seems like the vault teller is always out to lunch when I ask for halves.Even at 10:30 am :laughing9:
 
RIcoinhunter said:
Seems like the vault teller is always out to lunch when I ask for halves.Even at 10:30 am :laughing9:
'
They stole that line from the Connecticut tellers
Rich
 
killer dime find, rare man
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom