What's new

Some "after rain" finds... :)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Messages
2,302
Reaction score
2,824
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm learning from you guys ;)...went on a little hunt and took some pictures.

DSCN3670.webp DSCN3671.webp DSCN3672.webp

DSCN3673.webp DSCN3676.webp DSCN3678.webp

DSCN3681.webp DSCN3686.webp...sherds & heartbreakers....

Here they are unwashed and washed....

DSCN3689.webp DSCN3701.webp

This was the biggest sherd found...and a textured one that was upside down. The painted one looks like it has a burned spot on it?

DSCN3893.webp DSCN3894.webp DSCN3917.webp

....and saw these guys while looking...funny dung beetles and a cute garter snake.

FSCN3927.webp FSCN3924.webp FSCN3983.webp

...well, not as great as you guys are finding but still fun to do.....:)
 
Upvote 0
Great shots! Some really nice pottery to.
 
I agree great pictures and pottery.I like seeing some insitus. Wish I had time for some. That garter snake is beautiful. We have the other variety of them here. I have seen them gather by the hundreds in Early Sept.
 
Glad you have had time to get out after the rain. I don't like snakes if I see them while out I watch them to see which way they are going and then I will go the other way. I try not to kill them cause I am in their house not mine.
 
You really find a lot of pottery out there in NM. And a lot of it looks painted, stained, or slightly glazed in some way. Am I seeing it correctly? Thanks for showing.
 
Nice finds and great photos, I really enjoy seeing artifacts and wildlife that we do not have way out east here on the Atlantic coast.
 
:icon_thumleft: Nice in-situ photos, and of coarse, cool pottery finds. The dung beetles bring back memories of being in Africa.
 
SCrocks....Thanks!

Tn...:( sorry you don't have time for "insitus" (have to remember that name lol), maybe soon though? WOW...that's a LOT of snakes...if you ever see it again, get a picture for us please.:thumbsup:

rock....I don't blame you for being very careful about snakes....I'm just glad we don't have the kinds you all have, they sound pretty Scary from what I've heard. Of course we do have some rattlers but not around our place, at least I've never seen any.....but...do have lots of Black Widows & some scorpions that are pretty bad.

ptsofnc....Yes you are seeing correctly in that there is a lot of the painted...black/white red/tan brown/white...once in a while a "tri" color.

redbeardrelics.....thanks, I also like seeing what we don't have here as well!

old digger....really? Africia??? OK..what's up with that? Story time please....:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom