Some more oldies from the beach

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have to say I'm having a ball digging these old coins although it is getting harder to do. I need mother nature to blow up a good storm to move some sand around or I need to find some other beaches to try. I never thought I would still be digging in the sand this late in winter but I"m happy with the outcome. I've never had so much luck with old coins. Also today, (not shown in the pictures) I found another digging tool... a rusty old garden spade about 12" down in the sand.....

Oh yeah, 3 for 3 in silver and rings with the new SOV-GT!!!

HH
Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_0464sm.jpg
    IMG_0464sm.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0465sm.jpg
    IMG_0465sm.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_0467sm.jpg
    IMG_0467sm.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_0468sm.jpg
    IMG_0468sm.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 794
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliff, don't you just love that GT!

Great hunt...love those "mercs"...and that silver ring cleaned up beautifully! :hello2:

Lorraine

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
I'm starting to get very interested in a Sov - your finds are just another good reason to for me to continue to dabble with the idea -I think it would compliment my PI very well - and may be a little more interesting / fun than my current dry single tone machine?

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Smoogle said:
I'm starting to get very interested in a Sov - your finds are just another good reason to for me to continue to dabble with the idea -I think it would compliment my PI very well - and may be a little more interesting / fun than my current dry single tone machine?
It is a very interesting machine for sure. I'm quite happy with it, that is until the weather warms and the wife uses it.... I'll have to rely on the Sand Shark and CZ-21. Really like how it works in the black sand, no gold from yet but quite a few nickels out of the black sand.

jmoe

Nov 19, 2011
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
GT seems to be working just fine , nice haul

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with finds like that there - got to be some old gold down there
keep at it

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable the good condition those Mercuries are in. Mine are thinner than a news paper after removing the crust.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Sov GT is the best beach detector out there and if it was water proof it would be. Make sure you place a baggie over the control box, but don't tape it closed so water vapor doesn't condense inside the baggie. Now save up for a WOT coil to really reap the fun. :thumbsup:

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Les West Central Fl said:
Unbelievable the good condition those Mercuries are in. Mine are thinner than a news paper after removing the crust.

Huge difference between salt and fresh water and the effects on silver for sure.

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread