What's new

Some nice finds i havnt posted before

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm couch bound with a bad back so I decided to post some old finds hope you enjoy ;)
 

Attachments

  • image-3407832326.webp
    image-3407832326.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 129
  • image-3314773971.webp
    image-3314773971.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1429378532.webp
    image-1429378532.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image-172460503.webp
    image-172460503.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3496695185.webp
    image-3496695185.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
Nice pieces.. That double ended doodad sure is an interesting one.
What are your thoughts on it? Maybe a stemmed point used as a drill then when that side got used up flipped over then the stem used as a drill?
 
Thanks and I'm really not sure but your idea sounds very plausible . What about a small saw tool ?
 
Or were you talking about the blue piece if so then drill for sure it sure has some fine secondary flaking it is my favorite one in the pic do you think it is a possible drill with graver spur on the other end
 
I was thinking double ended drill took but what do I know. You show some good stuff, makes the rest of us look bad. Ha. Hope the back heals up.
 
Thanks you two for your compliments ;) I get lucky sometimes haha
 
Nice interesting pieces!
 
Painter, the piece that is drill like may be way more than a drill. Google NC. Lizard effigies. I swear that looks like a lizard effigy. Most lizard effigies are hard stone but a few flaked ones have turned up. They aren't a myth like the "thunderbird", they are well documented. I'm not sure if they have been documented in your area, but I'd look into it.
 
Painter, the piece that is drill like may be way more than a drill. Google NC. Lizard effigies. I swear that looks like a lizard effigy. Most lizard effigies are hard stone but a few flaked ones have turned up. They aren't a myth like the "thunderbird", they are well documented. I'm not sure if they have been documented in your area, but I'd look into it.
You know there have been lots of effigies documented in this area I will most definitely look into it thanks for the info boss ;)
 
Hey painter NC field hunter maybe on to something there, it reminds me of a Texas Horn Toad Lizard:laughing7:I would get it looked at by someone, it sure wont hurt. Cool finds all of them:icon_thumleft:
 
Hey painter NC field hunter maybe on to something there, it reminds me of a Texas Horn Toad Lizard:laughing7:I would get it looked at by someone, it sure wont hurt. Cool finds all of them:icon_thumleft:
Im not joking about the lizard effigy. Most are slate, but the flaked ones I've seen are really close to what Painter has. I'm not saying its a lizard, bottom line, but rather, it's a possible ID that would not surprise me .
 
Im not joking about the lizard effigy. Most are slate, but the flaked ones I've seen are really close to what Painter has. I'm not saying its a lizard, bottom line, but rather, it's a possible ID that would not surprise me .

I did not mean that has a joke toward you NC, it is the shape of a Horn Toad Lizard to me, seen a lot of them while in west Texas. It does look like some type of chipped effigy, that's why I said have someone that knows about that type of artifact to look at it. Believe me I don't make fun of others or their comments in no way at all, because I am for sure no expert and another set of eyes can always see something that mine may not see:icon_thumleft:
 
Dang I am really liking all these interesting comments ;)))) it's got my brain a thinking I will most definitely get that piece looked at thanks a bunch !!!!
 
I did not mean that has a joke toward you NC, it is the shape of a Horn Toad Lizard to me, seen a lot of them while in west Texas. It does look like some type of chipped effigy, that's why I said have someone that knows about that type of artifact to look at it. Believe me I don't make fun of others or their comments in no way at all, because I am for sure no expert and another set of eyes can always see something that mine may not see:icon_thumleft:
I didn't take any offense Rack. I kinda felt like we were on the same page. I
 
Y'all are all good people ;))))
 
I was thinking lizard on it as a maybe. Cane we see both sides of it to get a better idea?
 
The other side is almost identical I'm not near the piece to get another pic but will do when I get back home
 
Thanks outlaw ;)) here is the other side
 

Attachments

  • image-3101917742.webp
    image-3101917742.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom