What's new

Some of my fossils for you to look at.

Worthy55

Full Member
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
235
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
North , Fla.
Here are some more of my fossils for you to look at I hope you enjoy them. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • Picture 5609.webp
    Picture 5609.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,711
  • my fossils 653.webp
    my fossils 653.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,739
  • my fossils 651.webp
    my fossils 651.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,745
  • my fossils 416.webp
    my fossils 416.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,799
  • my pictures 085.webp
    my pictures 085.webp
    74 KB · Views: 1,787
  • my pictures 088.webp
    my pictures 088.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,775
  • my pictures 049.webp
    my pictures 049.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,801
  • my pictures 046.webp
    my pictures 046.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,811
Here are a few more for ya. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • my fossils 698.webp
    my fossils 698.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,719
  • my fossils 700.webp
    my fossils 700.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,712
  • my fossils 690.webp
    my fossils 690.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,716
  • my fossils 699.webp
    my fossils 699.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,686
  • my fossils 694.webp
    my fossils 694.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,679
  • my fossils 685.webp
    my fossils 685.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,659
  • my fossils 683.webp
    my fossils 683.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,658
  • med_gallery_23_580_154423.webp
    med_gallery_23_580_154423.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,330
Enjoyed them very much! First post, third picture, that is one huge tooth, what is it?

ng
 
Very Cool. I found a few fossils, mostly shells. Never anything like those though.
 
naturegirl said:
Enjoyed them very much! First post, third picture, that is one huge tooth, what is it?

ng

Thanks and that is a Mastodon tooth out of that jaw. 8) 8) 8) :)
 
Very impressive collection.

Fossis..............
 
Oh more cool fossils....I would die if I ever found a tooth like one of those big dinosaur teeth.....I am assuming they are from something like that....Either that or at one time there were giant cows I haven't ever heard about. :laughing7:

Sorry but I am on pain meds...fell and fractured both bones in my wrist and snapped off my tailbone. I am usually not quite this silly and am much more articulate.

Thanks for sharing and apologies for my drug induced state.

~Nash~
 
Nash, sorry to hear about your fall. Those big teeth are from #1 mastodon #2 mammoth and the big jaw it from a mastodon. 8) 8) 8) :)
 
Nashoba said:
Oh more cool fossils....I would die if I ever found a tooth like one of those big dinosaur teeth.....I am assuming they are from something like that....Either that or at one time there were giant cows I haven't ever heard about. :laughing7:

Sorry but I am on pain meds...fell and fractured both bones in my wrist and snapped off my tailbone. I am usually not quite this silly and am much more articulate.

Thanks for sharing and apologies for my drug induced state.

~Nash~
Sorry about your fall, Nash. I'm sure you have a cast on your wrist; but, what do you do to protect the coccyx while it is healing?!

I am interested in bones. Which bones did you break in your wrist -- the radius and ulna or two carpals?
 
Here are a few more. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • my fossils 477.webp
    my fossils 477.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,389
  • my fossils 345.webp
    my fossils 345.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,431
  • my pictures 015.webp
    my pictures 015.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,433
  • Picture 046.webp
    Picture 046.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,421
  • my pictures 079.webp
    my pictures 079.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,432
  • my fossils 477.webp
    my fossils 477.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Picture 5793.webp
    Picture 5793.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,385
  • Picture 5798.webp
    Picture 5798.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,412
  • my fossils 553.webp
    my fossils 553.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,380
Worthy55 said:
Nash, sorry to hear about your fall. Those big teeth are from #1 mastodon #2 mammoth and the big jaw it from a mastodon. 8) 8) 8) :)

Very cool. I am no longer worried about giant cow fossils! :help:
At least I knew they were large critter teeth!

~Nash~
 
Just wanted to add this bone that I found the other day while diving in the Santa Fe river. There are what look like butcher marks on it. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • bone with cut marks.webp
    bone with cut marks.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Picture 5837.webp
    Picture 5837.webp
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,253
Well, I enjoyed looking at them again. Could anything else have made those kind of marks? they are so straight it does look like intentional cuts, awsome! I've been dragging home more bones than artifacts or metal treasures on my last few trips, trying to ID them is fun. Is that leg bone from the horse ancestor?
 
naturegirl said:
Well, I enjoyed looking at them again. Could anything else have made those kind of marks? they are so straight it does look like intentional cuts, awsome! I've been dragging home more bones than artifacts or metal treasures on my last few trips, trying to ID them is fun. Is that leg bone from the horse ancestor?

I think that those are cut marks and if this is the leg bone that you are talking about it's a deer leg that I put together from other pieces to make a leg mount. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • deer leg.webp
    deer leg.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,267

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom