What's new

Some of my fossils for you to look at.

Some more to look at. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • Gaint Armadillo claw core.webp
    Gaint Armadillo claw core.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • Picture 5624.webp
    Picture 5624.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,163
  • Camel R-U.webp
    Camel R-U.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Dire Wolf claw core.webp
    Dire Wolf claw core.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Gaint Armadillo claw core.webp
    Gaint Armadillo claw core.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Parrot fish mouth plate.webp
    Parrot fish mouth plate.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,211
  • Peccary upper tusk.webp
    Peccary upper tusk.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Picture 5573.webp
    Picture 5573.webp
    30 KB · Views: 1,183
  • Picture 5562.webp
    Picture 5562.webp
    13 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Picture 5578.webp
    Picture 5578.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Picture 5624.webp
    Picture 5624.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • Picture 5634.webp
    Picture 5634.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • Picture 5637.webp
    Picture 5637.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,159
Thanks worthy, what a variety, Florida must be an interesting place to live. a lot of those are pretty small. so, have you ever put together a bunch of un-related bones to make a new creature?
 
Thanks, plehbah I like all kinds of fossils but I like the fossils from the miocene and pliocene best . Here are a few new fossils I just found. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • Small toe bone.webp
    Small toe bone.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • large parrotfish mouth plate.webp
    large parrotfish mouth plate.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Picture 5879.webp
    Picture 5879.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,083
  • small sloth.webp
    small sloth.webp
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Capybara molar fragment.webp
    Capybara molar fragment.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 919
I like how you add the measurements, and the identification with each picture, that makes learning easier. I don't think I have a chance at as much as you find, but it will help having these images in my mind. You just found these? Do you find some on every hunt?
 
We find stuff every time we go. Here are a few pictures from our last few outings. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • 100_3269.webp
    100_3269.webp
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 100_3296.webp
    100_3296.webp
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 100_3312.webp
    100_3312.webp
    229.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 100_3293.webp
    100_3293.webp
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 100_3238.webp
    100_3238.webp
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,038
Hi there :hello:, I keep coming back to look at all these, thanks for putting the pictures up. so do you seine for these? Is that what i see in the next to last picture? I had it in my mind you florida people just walked up and down the beach all day. (Ok, big learning curve here.) what do you do with all of your finds? And do you identify most of them? I see lots and lots of teeth, really just lots of interesting things there. sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I never considered seriously looking for fossils till now, just figured I would get lucky every once in a while and find one.
 
NG,what you are seeing in that picture is one of the air lines from the hooka rig that we use to dive with. Some times we will use sifters to look through gravel when we hunt creeks but we dive most of the time lately. I try to ID most of my finds and as for what I do with my finds I plan to start selling some sooner or later :dontknow:. If you like to fossil hunt you need to take a look at this fossil site (The Fossil Forum .com) I think you will like it there. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • 100_2988.webp
    100_2988.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 983
  • IMG_2795.webp
    IMG_2795.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 993
cthulhu said:
That pic called "giant beaver molar" is a capybara I think.

Thanks, good eye it was mislabeled it is a capybara molar fragment. 8) 8) 8) :)
 
A few more. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • my fossils 446.webp
    my fossils 446.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 786
  • Bison tooth.webp
    Bison tooth.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 782
  • my fossils 490.webp
    my fossils 490.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 781
  • Picture 5994.webp
    Picture 5994.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 765
  • Tapir jaw.webp
    Tapir jaw.webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 761
Nice stuff 55,really nice stuff.
I see diving is better there then here.
 
Here are a few new ones. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • cat tooth.webp
    cat tooth.webp
    149.2 KB · Views: 672
  • peccary tooth.webp
    peccary tooth.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 672
  • cat tooth.webp
    cat tooth.webp
    149.2 KB · Views: 661
Hey Worthy, anyone make an ID on that cat tooth yet? Have not seen one on FF.. is it on any other forums?

~Mike
 
Sundancer said:
Hey Worthy, anyone make an ID on that cat tooth yet? Have not seen one on FF.. is it on any other forums?

~Mike

Mike, Harry is thinking maybe Jaguar? 8) 8) 8) :)

Red
 
Here are a few new finds to look at. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • Partial Mastodon tooth.webp
    Partial Mastodon tooth.webp
    31 KB · Views: 590
  • Picture 6092.webp
    Picture 6092.webp
    95 KB · Views: 562
  • Picture 6088.webp
    Picture 6088.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 557
  • Picture 6083.webp
    Picture 6083.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 551
  • Fish verts.webp
    Fish verts.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 571
  • Bison calcaneum.webp
    Bison calcaneum.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 579
  • Deer vert.webp
    Deer vert.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 553
Really enjoy your finds worthy, thanks for posting them. Any kind of big cat tooth would be neat. You find a lot, if you don't mid my asking, what's your best,favorite one?
 
naturegirl said:
Really enjoy your finds worthy, thanks for posting them. Any kind of big cat tooth would be neat. You find a lot, if you don't mid my asking, what's your best,favorite one?

Glad to share my finds and as of now I have two that I like the best one is my young Mastodon jaw and my Dire Wolf maxilla. 8) 8) 8) :)
 

Attachments

  • Picture 6054.webp
    Picture 6054.webp
    110.8 KB · Views: 539
  • Dire wolf Maxilla.webp
    Dire wolf Maxilla.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 556
  • Picture 6054.webp
    Picture 6054.webp
    110.8 KB · Views: 542
  • Dire wolf Maxilla.webp
    Dire wolf Maxilla.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 551
Very nice collection. You have a lot of fossils and bones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom