Dec 24, 2021
Landfill score, 51 pounds of penny's, approximately $105.00

Screenshot-18.png

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
A magic eye tube or tuning indicator, in technical literature called an electron-ray indicator tube, is a vacuum tube which gives a visual indication of the amplitude of an electronic signal, such as an audio output, radio-frequency signal strength, or other functions

20210328-215703-1.jpg

Em11-ani.gif

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Table found years ago, I made the drawer to replace the missing one from scraps all the knives are from dump finds.

Square head nail and a wood plug from previous owner.

Pat uses the table for her computer desk.

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

table3.jpg

table4.jpg

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
A fellow purchased an old building in Rossburn Manitoba, all he was after was the lot. When the wrecking crew was dismantling the building which at one time was used as a photo studio.

Stuffed in between the walls some 2500 glass negatives were discovered, this type of medium used to make a photographic print is by contact, the glass with the image is placed over a photo sensitized paper ( dark room or under cover ) if the image were exposed in the darkroom an artificial UV light source such as that produced from a carbon arc lamp, an outdoors exposure by sunlight.

Both the image captured on glass and the paper which will receive the print are both enclosed in a light tight box, on a very bright sunny day the box would be opened for a few seconds, on a cloudy day it might take as long as several minutes to make the exposure.

The glass used to capture the image as seen through the view camera is actually a positive.

One long cold winter Pat and myself digitized these images, the pictures posted are first and last. The studio pictures are very boring with the same background setting. From the 2500 images there may have been 30 notable images.

1-156-Bone-W-P.png

1-18-Empire-Hotel.png

1-90-Hook-J-Merchant.png

1-93-Horse-Empire-Hotel.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread