Some of my Municipal dump finds.

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Thats a good saw...gear drive not belt if I remember ?
Gifted to a female neighbor, replaced it with a saw made in Taiwan 1975 belt drive with a rack and pinion fence.

Hundred dollars with a three hour drive, the fellow left it outside for me with instructions for me to leave payment under the door mat.

Since no one was at home I was unable to try the saw out, when I got it home and powered it up. Sounded horrible the bearings on the arbor were worn out and one bearing had seized cutting a grove into the shaft.

I never had a face to face with the seller, after sending him a video how the saw sounded he refunded me.

I used JB weld to fill in the worn shaft then machined the epoxy to size.

The epoxy filler after machining.

20211029-164041.jpg

Last edited:

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardware disease not fatal to humans, cattle can die from it.

Farmers will insert a cow magnet to keep the trash from forwarding through the intestines.

View attachment 2007563
View attachment 2007562
When we had our feed store, we used to sell cow magnets.. The sheep farmers bought a few also.

B.C. has weird rules re dumps... here on Vancouver Island, they are pretty much off limits... It seems as though 'liability' is a concern..When we were on the Arrow Lakes in Edgewood, I would go to the dump all the time.. there were many great finds I made there.. But, we moved from one farm to another farm on the island... better weather and closer medical and stores.

Miss the people up there terribly though

Micheal

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see it now someone goes in a dumpster and finds a LIVE Racoon that could not get out LOL has anyone experienced this ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Mr. Sanford I presume?
Almost, I recently needed some bone ash for a smelting project when I decided to try my hand at making my own from beef bones.

From a visit to the local butcher I had acquired many box's of free bones along with the beef trimmings and fat.

I had previously been making my own soap from waste restaurant cooking oil ( canola ) infused with various animal fats, but the results were often unpredictable, having fresh unadulterated tallow will assure every batch of soap is a success.

From the butcher's waste, I have rendered the fat now have about 8 gallons of tallow, 50 pounds of bone meal for the garden with plenty left over to gift others.

After the fat has been rendered I end up with meat crumbs that look like hambuger, these I give to my closest neighbors for their dogs. One neighbor got a 5 gallon pail full and the other got half a pail.

I'm thinking of getting another dog, Jack Russell.

Not sure what to do with all of the gelatin, I read somewhere it makes a good soup stock.

The butcher also does pork, I've been giving this to my neighbors who cut it into small squares then bake it in the oven for kracken.

The other day I deep fried my steak in tallow, instantly seared both sides, of the meat, cooked medium rare, tastiest steak I've had in a long time.

Potato chips deep fried in tallow, the best.

A small sample of the bone meal after coming from the meat grinder. Could probably use if as fuel in a pellet stove.

meal1.jpg

meal2.jpg

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Now that spring is officially here and my ore samples have thawed out I can now use my microscope to see if any gold can be seen

The gold I find is not visible to the naked human eye, I use cyanide to recover this gold.

microscope0.jpg

m2.png

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Black sand from different locations.

Same amount, two different weights, the microscope image above is from the heavy weight.

s1.png

s2.png

OP
OP
alloy_II

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
No pictures, purchased a good used working 3500 watt microwave this afternoon, some of the fun things this high powered oven is capable of doing is making rubies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions