What's new

Some of my personal knapped points

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
md
Just showing some of what I've made.
 

Attachments

  • image-2544576445.webp
    image-2544576445.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 113
  • image-4016261336.webp
    image-4016261336.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 98
  • image-937503559.webp
    image-937503559.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3841674847.webp
    image-3841674847.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1085292931.webp
    image-1085292931.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 111
  • image-410064918.webp
    image-410064918.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-206997954.webp
    image-206997954.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3071052163.webp
    image-3071052163.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2095200260.webp
    image-2095200260.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3226428618.webp
    image-3226428618.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Looks like you have some experience..those are real nice pcs..did you carve that handle?
 
Very nice. How long have you been doing it? Old school or copper? Great work. You learn a lot about it when you see those steps and hinge fractures on the old stuff. Very talented you are.
 
Been at it for about a year and a half. I'm using antler and copper and rock. A lot of what I do is copper but I don't let myself only use it. Thanks for checking them out.
 
Oh and I didn't carve the handles. That one i bought. I have done some carving but not to that level yet.
 
Looks pretty good!
 
bsit looks like a lot of percussion work???. I am at about the same level as you with my work. I get a good hunting point out of every 20 I start counting broken points. I have killed a deer with one of my stone heads that I made out of flintridge material. My favorite huntinghead material is Georgetown and Pedernales (Texas) .
 
Yes there's a lot o percussion with copper and antler. Some hammerstone too. I have a river rock I use that's looks like a small bopper. Works well. Getting better with pressure. Usually just finish edge work or glass work but starting to get better with pressure thinning. Been playing around with my ishi but haven't dialed it in yet. Using Burlington and obsidian. Some dacite and novaculite. I do work a little with quartz using hammerstone but its a pain. Quartz is everywhere here so its free.
 
While nice work, doesn't belong on this forum since they are modern repos. Moving to everything else forum. Will see if can get seperate forum for them if you guys want.
 
It used to be a sub forum. Thought I just couldn't find it. Thanks.
 
Hope ya dont mind,I had to knap a few for my daughters class
10001_zps59226572.jpg

10002_zpsfbadb0e1.jpg
 
Awesome. Don't mind at all.
 
I am a little rusty,but never have been "expert".
 
Nicely done. What size rock do you have to have to make a point anyway? I find some small nobs about 2 inches long that are black chert. Are they too small to make anything with? Just wondering
 
Nicely done. What size rock do you have to have to make a point anyway? I find some small nobs about 2 inches long that are black chert. Are they too small to make anything with? Just wondering

I dont have access to a saw so I couldnt ...am not good enough to get a workable blank off a nodule,but if the grain is right 2" is doable
 
I like to pick up the colorful rocks where I hunt artifacts at when I am out there looking is why I asked.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom