✅ SOLVED Some sort of "posts"?

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. The items in the picture were found in the field where numerous buttons, a large cent, Tombac etc have been found. we have dated the field to between 1780-1860 with the artifacts we have found. We have found a total of 4 of these things and we have no idea what they are.
They appear to have had a post of some sort on the bottom of them where they attached to some sort of surface. Not sure if that surface was metal or leather.
It looks like something that you would wrap a cord around or loop it around to hold something closed. Is this horse tack? or some sort of pouch or satchel closures? Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for looking and HH!
They are approximately 5/8 of an inch tall and seem to be made of brass or bronze.
posts.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottom one looks like the knob of a push pin.

Upvote 0

Spats

May 8, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found several of the bottom item and all have rust marks at the base as if they may have had a screw attachment. I have wondered if they may be door stops.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread