Some Tennessee flintk

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some Tennessee flint

I got to looking at some stuff from my collection i dont think i have shown. None of these are personal finds . The largest corner notch was a gift, i acquired the rest they are all tennessee finds. Just something to look at on a rainy day here. I hope everyone finds something killer on there next hunt.

Attachments

• 0705171716.jpg
    0705171716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • 0705171726c.jpg
    0705171726c.jpg
    917.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Beautiful pieces, love the color of them and hoping I'll find one in the creek or anywhere someday since I have found quite a few gray flint flakes. Thank you for sharing the pics of those beauties.

Nice bunch of artifacts

Well sawmill man i didnt find any of those myself, but i cant complain about what i have been finding lately though.I bet you have found some good ones in those logging roads though, I have heard of some nice stuff found searching logged areas and roads.

So on the 1 do you think its a knife or a Jacks Reef Pen?

I had not thought of any of them being a jacks reef but i do see the one has a five sided look but i dont think its pronounced enough to be anything other than a knife

Those are all beautiful pieces! I have a really nice two tone chert knife that was given to me by a friend and although I didn't find it, I really enjoy having it. I use it a lot for cutting hay string and feed bags. Far better than a modern day knife!

I had not thought of any of them being a jacks reef but i do see the one has a five sided look but i dont think its pronounced enough to be anything other than a knife

Yep.... It's to large to be a jacks reef pentagonal. They are usually the size of a Guntersville or a large Hamilton. You have some purdy points i recognize some of that chert.

Agree with tnMountains. More likely a woodland knife. Classic material and types for the area. Nice collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back