What's new

Natural or man-made?

jude061

Full Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
215
Reaction score
209
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on a beach near my house a few years back. It's thin and I thought I could make out small flaking along the edges.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499292824.553664.webp
 
Upvote 0
We need more than just one photo please. Some side views and views of both ends would really help. The outline says artifact but that doesn't mean it is one.
 
I'll dig it out and snap a few more photos.
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499295917.880674.webp base
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499295935.164963.webp tip
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499296183.514283.webp side
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499296206.372086.webp side

It's about the size of a quarter as well.
 
Last edited:
The shape and size make me think of a gun flint. But is it flint and did they use other materials for their flint locks?
 
My best guess from your pics would be a Scraper or possibly the broken Base off of a Stemmed Point.
 
It looks like local stone. I found flint ballast in the same area and it's nothing like it. A scraper or similar tool was my first guess. It's almost too thin and oblong to be a gun flint. It could also just be a plain old broken stone but it stood out among the rubble on the beach and I thought it was interesting.
 
Last edited:
Its broken but yes worked
 
Looks like a small scraper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom